Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a little assistance
Hey guys I have a MRC 949 charger and it says I can use it to charge up my RX pack. It is AC powered out the back and there are plugs that are comeing out of both sides. Can I just cut off one of the stock plugs that came with the charger and put on a plug to fit the RX pack? Then use the other side to charge my starter box batteries?

Any help would be great and I'll try to get pics of the charger and what I'm talking about tomorrow.
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
Don't they make a connector for that? Instead of cutting off the ends?
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
yes
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
never heard of a 949??? 959 and 969, yes...but not 949...huh

Yes you can cut the end off you don't want and solder on the one you need. (or make some sort of quick change adapter so you can change to the plug you need easily)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Your right Tex its a 959, and thanks for the input guys I'll have to look around for a adapter
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
just cut and twist the wires together and use those yellow twist on "wire covers" ...then you can just untwist the wires and twist on any connector you want within a minute or so.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
power post design.....charger wires get connected to two long screws mounted to a base (which could be on the charger), one for + one for -. All of your various connectors have alligator clips on the other ends and the ally's clip oto the power posts. Paint the heads of the screws red and black. No loose ends or wire nuts. Just takes some Radio Shack parts and some soldering time.
either that or make an adapter from a tamiya plug or wut eveer is on it into a multiple other end plug with multiple plugs that are spliced into the tamiya plug so u have a aniversal adapter.
With the post design you can attach more than one set at a time.
I might go with the base setup for the outdoor season it sounds like a nice setup and idea. I guess I should have looked into it more befor I bought the charger, all I really need it to do is charge up my starter box batteries and my receiver battery. But great ideas guys
does your starter box have a gel cell or stick packs?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need assistance with my Savage Dual tank mod Smokey 12 5,113 12-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Smokey