Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Lightning or Byrons 30%
My first gallon on my cv-rx was Trinity Platinum 20%. None of my LHS carry Trinity Platinum 30%. I called HT in Orland and they have White Lightning and Byrons in 30%. Would it be ok to switch fuels and if so, which one should I get?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
It is ok to switch fuels. You will need to re-tune for the increase in Nitro, but you will not be let down. I personally am partial towards the White Lightning. It sounds like you normally go to "Pat's Hobbies" on 95th. Their selection isn't very good, and they rarely have stock on needed parts. I tried getting a Rx pack there a while back, and was told that they don't carry them. You could also try Hobby Warehouse on 111th and Southwest Highway. The fuel is all the way in the back of the store. Just be carefull walking in there, it is quite a mess. The guy that runs Hobbytown in Orland is a nice guy, and one of the guys who used to work at LH hobby shop works there now.
byrons seems to be popular... But i think ethier would make you very happy
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I like to go to Hobby Warehouse more than Pat's. Like you said, he has more stuff in stock. I know Pat's doesn't carry anything 30% besides Traxxas 33%. I am not sure what Hobby Warehouse has in 30%, but I know they don't have Platinum 30%.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
rocco79 Wrote:byrons seems to be popular... But i think ethier would make you very happy

I noticed a lot of people at the track run Byrons 30. It's the yellow stuff right?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
I personally run O'donnell 30% and love it... If you buy OD just open the container and make sure its clear or close to it... Mr Tune bought a gallon for a hobby store that must have been the better part of 2 years old ! Cuz it was yellow like morning after drinking urine!!! Ewww!!!

If its relativly new you'll like OD also
Yes, its yellowish , like Mt. Dew... Mountain Dew has a higher Nitro Content though! LOL!!!
Lol

Well I'll see what other people say. Atleast I know they have those two fuels. I can always see what else they have.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
:bustingup :p:
Hobby warehouse used to carry Trinity Monster Horsepower in 30 and 35%. I got my fuel there, before I switched to White Lightning 40%. They also carry Odonnels in 30%. OD is good fuel, but I can't stand the smell. lol
hey newguy do you run that 40% in your 2.5 motor
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Yes I do. I've run it in EVERY engine I have had over the past year and a half. By every engine, I don't mean I have had to replace or rebuild any engines. I have run it in 2 different Savages, one with a stock engine, one with a Wasp.26. I have run it in a Mach .26 in the LST, a Picco O-1 comp engine in a Mugen Buggy, Sirio .21 Kanai in a Sportwerks Mayhem and TTR S3, Stock TC3 engine, and Revo 2.5r. Of all these, I had put the most on the LST and the Sirio, at about 3-5 gallons each, and both of them still had a lot of life left in them when I sold them. The Sirio was had so much pinch, you could barely turn the engine over by hand.
I am going to be getting whatever I choose from HT in Orland because I got 5 bucks off 20 or more for my birthday.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
I would do WL 30%. I like the fuels with less oil, doesn't load up as easy at idle and seems to have a crisper throttle response and gets up to RPM quicker. That's just my experience though, yours may vary......

I have over 3/4ths of a gallon of WL 30% for sale for $15. You may as well call it a full gallon for $15. LMK if your interested. (And I wasn't just saying WL because I have some forsale, I always run fuel with 8% oil myself)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
both the WL and Odon are good fuels. WL will have a smaller tuning window, due to the lesser oil in it. i recently switched to byrons, and i like it alot. better than Odon.
more oil means u can run them leaner = more power. I havent really ever seen anyone have issues with OD or byrons
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Tex Wrote:I would do WL 30%. I like the fuels with less oil, doesn't load up as easy at idle and seems to have a crisper throttle response and gets up to RPM quicker. That's just my experience though, yours may vary......

I have over 3/4ths of a gallon of WL 30% for sale for $15. You may as well call it a full gallon for $15. LMK if your interested. (And I wasn't just saying WL because I have some forsale, I always run fuel with 8% oil myself)

Thanks for the offer, but I think I am going to go with Byrons. Even if I was going to buy it off of you, I really couldn't. I plan on racing on the 19th and have no money right now, but my birthday is the 18th. I need time to tune it and get it close to where as I need to make little adjustments at the track.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
I seem to prefer byrons.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ive got no complaints about maxy's
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
hey tex when you won that race what motor and what fuel where you using?
[/SIZE]
p5 motor and trinity platinum 30%. The pink fuel
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
is trinity platinum good?
does it load up with fuel and how much for a gallon
[/SIZE]
I have good luck with the Platinum. your motor loading up with fuel would have to do more with Tune than it would with what fuel your running.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex Wrote:I have good luck with the Platinum. your motor loading up with fuel would have to do more with Tune than it would with what fuel your running.

ohhh ok I just thought that people said that it was because of the fuel. mine loads up not bad but enough to slow the take off after idling about 15-20 seconds. mine can idle for minutes after minutes.
[/SIZE]
hey mich how can i get some maxys without buying like a case...i want to try a different fuel/30%

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Lightning Stadium Truck thenewguy821 6 2,248 01-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Brian_BigSquidRC
  Lightning stadium lsp question Sh1nn3r 11 1,965 12-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Hot Bodies Lightning 2 RR? RCDad 14 2,789 12-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Last Post: joe tanto
  lightning Pro setup ?? cjmaxignasze 26 3,385 10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Last Post: snakebite46
  Hot bodies Lightning Pro rocco79 3 3,987 03-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Last Post: rocco79