Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hellfire thread
Ok since the hellfire is starting to become widly owned by our board members i figured it time to have its own thread to discuss setups, adjustments, ect. So far I changed my diff oils to 50 up front, 70 in center, 30 in rear. Wont get to break it in for probly a few weeks tho.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
70 thousand in the center?
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
sure why not. Ive got no clue what im doing as far as setting up 3 diffs at once so im just gonna try everything once and see how everything is goes so at least il know what to expect with different fluids.
Mich its your truck, not saying its right or wrong, just clarifying.
well any setup advice as far as diff oils would be greatly apprectiated. First time i had 3 diffs on one truck so i could use all the help i can get.
I've never run Truggy, but I have run Buggy. I think that may be a little too heavy. Maybe 30/50/10???

Also, from John's complaints, and one of the other HF's that was running today, look into a stronger sevo saver spring...
just double checked the bottles and its 5000 in the front, 3000 in the rear.
In the LSP ive found that 3f 5c 1r is by far a sweet setup
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
the only thing im trying to do now is copy my setup from the revo as far as diffs and just do some tweaking from there to get it to my preference. Only thing is how do you properly tune all 3 diffs?
i dont understand what you mean ryan?
i mean im used to a transmission were it just puts raw power on the ground. Center diff has me all confused. I know on my revo i have 3 up front and 1 in the rear for diff oils and its dialed. Now say i add a center diff to that, what kind of oil would i be looking for?
I think he is asking how to tell what to watch for... If it is pushing in corners, should he go heavier or lighter oil, should the change be made in the front or rear, etc...
Similar to MT's the Front should be about 3x the rear. Some people like the center to be equal to the front, some like it a little heavier in the center. If you are pulling the front wheels up on acceleration, lighten the center diff oil.
ok cool, im just gonna try 5f 7c 3r
That's a good starting point. If the rear wants to swing out on you too easy, and doesn't suit your driving, try to lighten up the rear oil, this will help the front pull you through the corner. Everyone is different on their driving styles.
i have 5-7-3, but im going to try 5-5-3 to help keep the fromt wheels down. Wheres my extendo chassis?

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
I've got the stock 7k/15k/7k setup. The front tires don't balloon at all. Suffering from crappy steering all day, I was able to crack off a 31 second lap in the main, not bad for not being dial anywhere near where I'd like it to be.

I think I'm gonna try 10k in the center and 3k in the rear and see what happens, I'm also gonna see if the lsp servo saver spring rocco gave me will fit and try that out. I run 30 weight oil in the shocks and it felt pretty good. After I try out the above changes for a tank or 2, I'm gonna try and bump up the shock oil to 40 and see what happens Smile.

My goal during the next practice (prolly wednesday) is to hit a 30 second lap and then a 29 second lap on sundays race. After that, I'm gonna try to work on my consistency while I wait for regular parts and option parts (like the wing) to become available before I start driving real aggressive.
i know 5-7-3 is a common buggy setup i can't wait for my mugen to get here Smile
K3- C5 rody mod, custom gears, KDZ hop ups.

soon *- TTR EB4 S3, ACE servos, RB C5BB, TTR option hop ups, KDZ hop ups.
Mich, try 7/10/4
tune and Ryan

I just read ont he grid from Stephen Bess, that the stock servo saver spring comes way to loose and you have to tighten the spring almost all the way and it will turn on a dime.
Yeah its a very soft spring, the lsp one might fit
lol, mine is almost tighten all the way down! Not sure how much more it can go.
ok my first seup for this truck at leisure hours will be 5f 10c 5r. I have been reading through the book and this seems like it could be a really good setup for leisure. Gonna have to tweak it some im sure but that should be a good leisure indoors starting point. Gonna bump up to 30 weight oil with probly 1.6 piston holes.
go wit 3 in the rear.

How is your servo saver spring?
i tightened mine up probly about a turn and a half and its pretty stiff. Its hard to engage the servo saver now but yet still easy at the same time. Definatly needs a stiffer spring. On another note i got the first run from the heat cycle on this motor. OMG, talk about power. I think my front diff oil maybe to thin, The front tired are starting to balloon some just from about 1/4th throttle engagement. Im gonna really need somebody that can sit down with me at the track and just go through a 1/8th truck and explain to me everything in details and actually show me on the track. What a freaking power house this motor is gonna be. Temped at 212 also.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Mugen Thread allan42r 436 56,036 05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Official Kyosho sp2/WC/St-RR thread pwnzor 299 42,041 02-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax
  Official RC8 thread motoxer4life 158 22,323 10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  Official Mugen MBX5T Thread MX_KEVIN 730 78,971 08-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Mahomet pic thread slim 21 3,202 06-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Last Post: blktransam
  what is wrong with the hellfire cheesecake 32 4,725 05-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Tex
  official mugen mbx5R thread chickenfarmer3 30 5,484 03-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  tire thread.... AddictedtoNITRO 21 4,362 02-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  Any Hellfire owners? BagoXCAlum99 19 3,144 02-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Last Post: easy e
  Official Thunder Tiger ST-1 Thread DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 485 50,244 01-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics