Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED! Motor...
So I have a small amount of cash right now that I wasn't expecting... I am looking to spend no more than $130 on a motor up front. I am pretty open as to what size motor... although I would prefer a drop-in rather than needing a BB conversion. Please let me know what you have for that or very near that price. If you have something more expensive and you don't mind getting 2 payments I can do that as well... Please let me know... (I would really like to stay away from the 2.5 I have never had one last more than 2.5 gallons...)

Dan
I got a traxxas pro .15 that you can have for like $15 lmao...Piston and sleeve have less than a gallon on them if I remember right.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Thanks but I am done with traxxas motors. If I can't find something through here it will need to be that XTM motor. (The traxxas header fits it right??)
Not sure why your so down on Traxxas engines, both of the 2.5R and the standard 2.5 I've had run killer. They run a little hot but nothing outrageous. Held a tune well and lasted long after I've been through with them. Although I've never kept them past 1.5 gallons.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
The first 2.5 I ever had was just unreliable and would never hold a tune. This one I got 1 and 3/4 gallons through it and it blew. The piston is destroyed. It was broken in properly and ran great at about 230-345 or so. Then just toolin around in the parking lot it revved down and seized... I have not had good luck at all... (the motor went above 300 once for a short while... it was retuned and ran great again...)
What fuel are you running? What are you checking temps with?

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
30% Trinity Platinum and checked with my Dad's $300 ish 8 or 9 dot (can't remember) Raytek... (I have checked with other temp guns too... good smoke and takes a few seconds to die when pinched...
i have had 5 trx2.5s and i have only had problems with one of them. I think they might have made a bad batch or something, because a few other people i know that got them around the same time as me had problems, the last 2.5 that just blew was just the bearing behind the flywheel, the p/s are still good, great compression after 7.5 gallons.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Trinity platinum is good fuel, so that shouldn't be the problem. I've always gotten pretty good life from the 2.5's I've had.
yeah, i tried the trinity platinum for one gallon and it was ok, but i really like the monster horsepower the best
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
4 gallons and still running strong i do agree with the it doesnt hold a tune. ive heard the os carb does wonders for it. sorry for going off topic
Any way I look at it the motor is gone. I didn't want to even run this motor... I was going to sell it when I first got it and put something else in but some people talked me into it. I am done with traxxas motors...

So what do you guys have?? Like I said I can swing $130 now and can add another payment later if necessary...
Monster HP has TOO high of oil content. It is harder to see while it is running, but engine temps are too inconsistent. As more fuel/oil is pushed trough the engine at lower RPM's, the temps drop, then when you are on throttle, the temps rise. Too many quick temp changes while running will actually shorten the engine life.
Hey guys can you do me a favor... if you want to debate fuels can we start a thread in the general RC or something?? I need to find a motor... Thanks.
dan u need a buggy bro and a nice .21 RB and ur bs troubles would be over Wink
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Sorry Dan, Too bad you didn't come out today, I stopped at Bill's house on the way to the track, and picked up a 2.5 to get you through the day. Good luck in your hunt.
Yeah... I said that I was in the garage fixing other stuff on the revo untill early morning. After going to bed I didn't wake up untill after 10:00. Thanks and sorry I wasn't able to make it...

BACK ON TOPIC!!! $130 to spend NOW!! CAN MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT LATER... Motor for $130 or less or a motor for more in 2 payments... Thanks!
$220 in two payments and you get an os21rg and a buggy roller with it!
Not looking for a buggy right now... I need a motor...
You got a pm frosty.
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
And dan....http://cgi.ebay.com/XTM-18-RE-SG-Shaft-E...dZViewItem
[Image: osmg2068.jpg]

But this is sooo much cooler. LoL What do I need to do to get that to fit and can I run the stock traxxas clutch on it?? At least for a little while?? I may pick that up and then get a pipe and manifold next week. If all goes well I will be back at the track in 2...
vspecs are powerhouses! They make tons of power and scream BUT they have a shady track record, the rrear bearing is known to fail early in the engines life most times taking the pistion and sleeve with it. Tooooo much power IMO for your truck. Id stay with a sb.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Agreed..... That V-spec will turn your Driveshafts into Pretzels, and I don't think that the 2.5 clutch would be able to hold up very long with it.
swap the bearings with some novas and the mill will last u gallons
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slash roller, phoenix roller, xl-5, brushless motor and more cubsfan7658 0 3,656 09-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: cubsfan7658
  Wanted: EMAXX chicagokenji 0 1,732 12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Slash or Crawler wanted TexMexSu 3 2,466 12-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Last Post: TexMexSu
  .28rr axial motor w/ ofna 086 pipe PMHOURS 2 1,826 02-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Last Post: PMHOURS
  Wanted bargen 2.4g radio reciver spazzzattak 1 1,730 02-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Wanted trade/buy 3.3 tmaxx tranny spazzzattak 0 1,614 02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Last Post: spazzzattak
  1:1 Motor rocco79 0 1,518 01-17-2010, 10:54 AM