Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuning dial--this is kewl
I dunno if this a good spot for this---if not then move the thread.

I came across this on the net while surfing and I order two of them.
It came in yeasterday and I was happy with what I saw.
It is a dial that attaches to your High speed needle.
I liked it because it is easier to see and know how much I turned the needle.

Here is a link to it
Carb Tuning Dial

This has some good pics and he will be adding one to it to really show th size of it.
The two I got it is just a tad bit smaller than a dime.
Very visible and easy to locate with the body on.
It is machined very nicly and I say that being one from the Mold making industry.
There is no sticker on it that will come off---the numbers are etched in to it by way of CNC

Check it out and see for yourself.

I told the guy I would mention it here and show it at the track. Let him Know I mentioned it to ya if you get one.
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
Pretty neat
That's a cool little product. It'll also really help the new guys to the hobby to understand the "Richen/Lean 1 hour" phrase. Considering that is the most common way that people are taught to tune, I'm surprised it isn't marked off in 12 spots to represent "hours".
For as small as this is
I think it would be hard to get the double digit in there and keep it visable.
Besides like you said great for the newbie and great for a reference point.

At least you can put it back to where it was with out the guess and counting.

I knw you have to get it pretty close to being tuned and then set the dial to zero with the set screw on the side. Now you have a starting point to go back to.

Plus it looks kewl on the carb

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
As of right now I plan on being at LHR this Friday.

You can check it out first hand there...look me up.
My Mayhem ST will have a wing on it I just put on yesterday

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

That thing is pretty neat if you ask me.
It's one of those ideas that I can't believe nobody's already thought of. If I had a car, I'd buy one. ,maybe, 17 bux looks a little pricy for that tiny piece of Al.
:joy:
Well I got a deal on mine so if you buy two then I think he will give a break on them.
It comes from ARK so I got it pretty quickly.

Personally from being in that trade for many years --- it is a valid asking price.
May not look like it but there is a lot of crapola that does go into CNC machining each piece.
So he may make $2-4 on each one in the end.

Value is also based on usability and demand---still being fairly new--as it gets more notice I think the cost will go down and production goes up.

I did suggest that he gets in with the RTR set ups some how since they are geared toward ppl who want to get started.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Pretty cool thing. I guess it helps to read the entire description. I didnt know it fits over the HSN and stays there. =). Neat little thing. Give us a little review Bio when you get it.
...great for a newwbie? hell id love one...

some times you make a super small adj and it kinda self returns and cant tell if it actually moved 1/2 hour or not.
I sure will do that.
I will write up an official full review on this and post it.

If you think about it---not just for newbies really.
With LHR a bit on the dimmed side this makes it easier to see what you are doing and to really know how far you turned the screw.
Just in my RC room I can see this very clearly from sitting in my chair to the ground. Without it I have to take a second look to see where it is set at.

I am looking foraward to tuning my truck and break in another motor with this.
You can see the small adjustment you can make.
Just having it I can feel it was a good investment.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

You can make you own out of a piece of vinyl tubing that slips over the HSN housing. Marks at intervals for reference.

I want one that goes to 11 !
The dial only goes to 10, so its not truely an hours as we think of it with out the dial as a clock. So with that an hour would be more like an hour and a half. I dont like it...
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Can they do a metric one?
cemeb4dk Wrote:So with that an hour would be more like an hour and a half

Actually it is less than that ...you are short 4 lines to make 24 hrs but if you think about it you can go between the lines. That would make it just a tad bit over and hour and that is splitting hairs.

Really it is more of a guide than anything.

Dave---I dunno so I would say e-mai him and ask---his replies come back by next day.
Making one out of vynal tubing I would think it would be hard to see unless you are on top of it.
Kinda hard to say without actually seeing one.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Here is a review of it at this place

http://www.beatyourtruck.com/prodreview-tools.html

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

very cool item. I hope it works and holds. Let us know how it does for you.
________
GLASS PIPE
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Can they do a metric one?

To answer that

All dials (with the exception of the new 18mm dial), are 16mm in diameter with a 20 increment scale.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Well guys,
Last night it went to the test.

Over all it is a 10 for me. Easy to read, Very helpful on tuning, I could zero out at a good tune and get it back with ease and most importantly it stayed on where I put it.
I did put a lil loc tight on the set screw and that was it.

In addition even the fact that this is not in hours increments it did it's job it was designed for. With me being fairly new to nitro and using this dial the hours ideal is general for tuning anyway. This helped me to see how little to turn the needle. I could now visually see what I was doing and be confident without the guess work. I was able to put my setting back and start over and what not.

NitroNuisance was my pit man and he too found this dial very very usful. He knows where the dial was at and he could call down to me where he wanted me to put it.
It was east to tell if notch 1,2 or 3 was the sweet spot.

If Mr. Tune wanted to make a product review area on the new boards he could put this there and others if need be--just a thought.
As time goes by we could write up our own local reviews on products we buy all the time.
Now we have a place to go and know what we think here in Chicago verses all the straggling threads on this type of topic. One place to go and find out thoughts.

Guys--FWIW--look it up on EBAY to get the best price deal. I am sure you will like the idea of having one like this especially if you want to shout out to your pit man.
For me it is useful and worth what it is worth. I base my findings on this as well.

I dunno if I met some of you last night or not but there were some who seen this and liked it and wanted one--others saw it and had seen it on EBAY and wondered---now they to decided to go and get one.

I hope this helps some of you out...the only real test is your own and mine was all aces!!

Later this weekend I will do something a bit more formal on my own review with some pics of my own.

Brian

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Well I will take a list of some of you that may be interested in them.
I can bring them out to the track. I am in the process of working something out with the owner.

I need to know what motor you want them for.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new truck (dial-up beware) SEEKandDESTROY2 7 1,254 08-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SEEKandDESTROY2
  1/8 buggy diff tuning ???s rcrunr1 6 2,206 06-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Last Post: rcrunr1
  Breaking in motors and tuning Biodragen 9 1,887 01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Last Post: destroy_my_revo_15