Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which O.S. 21 is best?
I started thinking today it probably makes more sense to upgrade my truggy than to buy something else. One thing I definitely want is a better steering servo. I'm using a Hitec 645 now but either its bad or something is wrong. The steering does not seem to be binding at all when I remove the linkage. Should I get the Hitec 945 or something else?

Also, I'd like to get a nice O.S. .21 engine for it. Looking at Towers there are many different models. I probably don't need a pull start since I use a starter box at LHR all the time. Which one of these is best? (right now I'm using a Hot Bodies .26).

O.S. .21 RG Buggy (Sport)
O.S. .21 RG (P) Buggy (Sport)
O.S. Max-21 VZ-B V-Spec-T
O.S. .21 VZ-R (P) Rear Exhaust w/20K Slide-Valve Carb
O.S. .21 VZ-R Turbo II w/20K Carb
Well I can't inform you on the motors I can say that my JR 8800T is AWESOME for the steering on my Revo. I imagine it would work very well on the truggy.
I also run that JR8800t in my trug. Pricey but works well. I also have a O.S. Max-21 VZ-B V-Spec-T in my buggy. I think its too much motor for indoors for me.

I think If I were to buy another motor it would be a P5.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Kevin, you point out a great topic there...INDOORS versus outdoors.
That is why I am looking at the RB .23. I think I can gear it down enough to use indoors and still have plenty of top end for outdoors. If not I will run the XTM indoors if I get that as well... I think that any of those .21 are fine for indoor or outdoor...
look at the Nova 3 port. bad ass mill! torres runs one. it may be my next motor.

nova and rb are the only things id buy....vspek is FAST. but dont have a good track history for bearings going bad. they tent to get soft on compression but they run HARD like that still.
The engine slim is refering to is the novarossi bf21 . Dent guy 92 runs one also. they are a bargain for the power, and reliabilty you get!!!!

I too would only buy novarossi (for a 1/8 or ATM)
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Wow, I've always thought O.S. would be the best as far as tuning, reliability, etc. Are you sure the Novarossi is better?
hands DOWN! rb and nova are tops in longevity.

my rb has 6 gallons on it and i have to grunt to turn it over with my finger still.

havent touched the tune on it for 2 months....
Novarossi is far better than OS.
far far better.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
far far far far better. Italian quality
Where can I buy that novarossi bf21 engine (been looking)
http://www.amainhobbies.com
Is it on this page somewhere? http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/23_31
21BF
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info...ts_id/3245
I think I'll get an O.S. engine.
whats swaying you away? that 3 port is badazz and will last longer...
Heres a good deal on a V-spec
RCDad Wrote:I think I'll get an O.S. engine.
my 21BF is bad azz!!!!!!!!!! lots of power never had a easier engine to tune even my OS
I like it more than my P5x alot smother easier to drive
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
I got a BF I'll be putting in the XB8 very soon. After seeing them run, them are in fact some sweet motors for the price.
if your going with OS I'd say get an OSRG, bumpstart version....low $100 range and you'll be able to harness the power better than going V-Spec IMHO. Too fast of a motor may just toss you around on the track, a slower motor will allow you to remain in control of your truggy. Once you get the driving part down then upgrade to a faster motor.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
That's exactly what I was looking at Tex. The VSpec looks good but the price is a little high. I was also thinking of getting some of those (P5?) plugs. Something real hot to get the motor started easily out in the cold track area.
Anyone know if the O.S. P3 plug will work in the 21 RG engine?