Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got My Truck Back Together
I finally received my UE ultralite cases yesterday. I shimmed my front one last night and shimmed my rear one today. Here's a list of the stuff I did while it was all apart.

OFNA 1400mah Rx pack
UE Ti center cvd's
MIP CVD's
Tony's Screws kit
MIP Clutch
UE 1/8 Differentials
And a Spektrum DX3

Here's some pictures. LMK what you think.

[Image: pred1.jpg]
[Image: pred2.jpg]
[Image: pred3.jpg]
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
finally u got it back together, r u going to the track tomorrow?
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
You get a new spur gear/clutch bell for the 7.5 diffs?

I'm going to be trying out 22/64 when my truck is back together w/ the 1/8 diffs.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
80% positive that I am.

I am running the same CB, but I got a 66t spur.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:80% positive that I am.

I am running the same CB, but I got a 66t spur.
I have a 66t spur also, but I think it'll give me too much low end.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
RobH Wrote:I have a 66t spur also, but I think it'll give me too much low end.

We'll see. I am going to go run it slowly in my garage for maybe a tank or two. I hope nothing breaks.

Rob, do you know what your truck weighs? I just weighed mine, and now it's at like 8.2lbs.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
nice! Just a side note, with all you got dropped in there, invest in a new pipe.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
UE-Maxx Wrote:We'll see. I am going to go run it slowly in my garage for maybe a tank or two. I hope nothing breaks.

Rob, do you know what your truck weighs? I just weighed mine, and now it's at like 8.2lbs.
I don't have a scale accurate enough to use. VBS is lighter than dace bulks/towers and 7.5 diffs, but im runnin heavier driveshafts, suspension kit, and shocks than you.

ps. UE-Maxx, check for rips in your air filter neck. I noticed 2 in mine the other day, and they wernt even close to the spur gear.
Revo2k Wrote:nice! Just a side note, with all you got dropped in there, invest in a new pipe.

I know, I know. LOL I was upgrading the stuff that would possibly break from my .18. It's going to be a new pipe/wheels and tire combo that is going to be next unless something breaks.

Forgot that you had Racer-X, Rob. Confusedlap:
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:I know, I know. LOL I was upgrading the stuff that would possibly break from my .18. It's going to be a new pipe/wheels and tire combo that is going to be next unless something breaks.

Forgot that you had Racer-X, Rob. Confusedlap:
Only thing I see breaking on your truck are arms and knuckles and those are fairly cheap, and easy to replace.
Yeah.

I just got back from running a tank. Fired right up. Ran 250's. I am sure that I will need spend some time tuning it at the track.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:Yeah.

I just got back from running a tank. Fired right up. Ran 250's. I am sure that I will need spend some time tuning it at the track.

How were the diffs? Roll and sound smooth? Notice any difference in handling?
I was taking it easy. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't seem like I have a sharp turning radius. My EPA is at 115, should I maybe bump it up a little bit.

Also it doesn't seem to roll that well. They seem smooth if I just turn them myself, but if I push it or let off the throttle it seems to stop really quick and also my breaks are terrible. I don't think it is something with the changes I made. They were messed up before.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Set end points with the front tires off the ground, and the truck not running, with Racer X, I had the end points maxed out at 125 and I wasn't getting my full steering radius, so when I get my truck back together, I'm going to have to bump up the dual rates and adjust the end points accordingly.
kool max dude. doesnt look like a t-maxx anymore. where do you get all that money.
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
RobH Wrote:Set end points with the front tires off the ground, and the truck not running, with Racer X, I had the end points maxed out at 125 and I wasn't getting my full steering radius, so when I get my truck back together, I'm going to have to bump up the dual rates and adjust the end points accordingly.

What do the dual rates do? I don't really understand on how they explain in the book.

traxxas thrasher, I used to have a job and I snow blow/cut grass for someone. Everything is paid for except the DX3.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
dual rates are pretty much end points for both directions at the same time.
oh I see that your almost 16 so you can get a job soon. im only 13 so all I have is chores and my parents dont help with the pay. also nobody by me needs their grass cut or snow blown because theyre all young like me for the most part.
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
traxxas thrasher Wrote:oh I see that your almost 16 so you can get a job soon. im only 13 so all I have is chores and my parents dont help with the pay. also nobody by me needs their grass cut or snow blown because theyre all young like me for the most part.

I see.

Rob, is it a big deal if I don't have them set or what is a good point to set them at?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:Rob, is it a big deal if I don't have them set or what is a good point to set them at?

Yes. Settings tend to vary from RC to RC. Set 'em too low, and you don't get full steering, set 'em to high and you can burn out your servo.

Best way to set steering end points IMO, lift the front wheels off the ground, go to full steer, start from like 75, and keep increasing untill the wheels can no longer turn any farther, than back off 1 or 2. Make sure the servo is centered first.
hey i dont think im going to be able to make it out to the track, if i do im going to need to get to LH first, i wanted to run my 18 t that i just got but, i need parts
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
I can go for sure tomorrow. Going to get there around 9:30. Let me know if you are going in this thread. I'll check it before I leave tomorrow.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
ill be there ue-maxx two from the team! im just having tuning problems right now i hope i can get fixed
Cool. Once I get mine tuned, I'll try and help out LOL.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
i got it all figured out ue-maxx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't be getting their deposit back on this one............................. BJoe 0 1,424 07-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  Arnold wants his rubberband gun back! Thirdgen89GTA 8 1,919 01-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Guess who's back? Thirdgen89GTA 7 1,678 12-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  Ok guys,your girlfriend is back Casketman 46 6,103 12-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Big electric monster truck ricrush 14 3,258 10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Last Post: 77chevy4x4
  New truck from Axial. Looks pretty cool! Thirdgen89GTA 15 6,639 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
  FG Show Truck W/ Custom Roll Cage looker2756 5 3,832 08-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  My new truck! squirrel 19 3,127 07-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Last Post: squirrel
  viper VS. Doge deisel truck Meatwad 11 2,163 06-13-2007, 11:45 PM
  Check out this "Beer Truck" BJoe 7 1,462 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Last Post: blktransam