Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to come back, I guess...
Well, I used to race all the time starting back in about '89 and got out of it about 5-7 years ago when I started my family. After that I got into drag racing, but now that LH has opened a new track only minutes from my house, I guess i'ts time for me to get back into it (for the winter time only of course) and see if my kids are going to show any interest in it at all. Unfortunately, almost all my stuff got EBay'ed and I have some catching up to do. I can't believe how much things have changed and honestly, the kind of equipment that you can get for the money now.

Well, I hope to be out practicing within a couple of weeks and we'll go from there. Hope to see everyone out at the track and I look forward to making new friends and maybe see a few old ones!

By the way, great site here! Seems very friendly! :wavey:

Mike
welcome to the boards mike!
K3- C5 rody mod, custom gears, KDZ hop ups.

soon *- TTR EB4 S3, ACE servos, RB C5BB, TTR option hop ups, KDZ hop ups.
Welcome to the boards!
Welcome and it'd be good to meet ya at the track!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Thanks for the welcome guys. I hope to get my things together soon and my daughter and I will try and come out soon!
welcome aboard
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Hey man....How's it goin? *psst.....Get a revo....
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
welcome to the boards speedracer what kind of class do u plan on running? im thinking of selling my 1/8 scale if you are interested lemme kno
Howdy spdrcr999, welcome ( I'm new here too). Ever race at JORROC before they closed years back? You started racing about the same time I did is why I'm asking. Look foreward to meeting you at LHR. - DaveB
db302 Wrote:Howdy spdrcr999, welcome ( I'm new here too). Ever race at JORROC before they closed years back? You started racing about the same time I did is why I'm asking. Look foreward to meeting you at LHR. - DaveB

Yeah, I raced at JORROC. I also raced at Marty's in Kankakee, and C&C Hobbies in Kankakee before they closed if anyone remembers that place. That was an awesome place. I remember when we used to have A thru about M mains in 2wd Buggy there. And then of course, Radioactive before Jim closed up.
destroy_my_revo_15 Wrote:welcome to the boards speedracer what kind of class do u plan on running? im thinking of selling my 1/8 scale if you are interested lemme kno

I'm gonna be running 2wd electric buggy for starters. That's mainly what I ran even though I've tried just about all of them at one point or another. Never got into nitro though, it was never that big when I used to race. Just toys for bashing around in the yard or parking lot at the time. I can't believe how big it is now. I had a 1/8 OFNA 4wd a long time ago and it was awesome. I'll be bringing out a 2wd electric truck I had way back when for my daughter to beat up on in practice though.
:wavey: Welcome back

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
It was good meeting you tonight SpdRcr. Look forward to seeing you tearing around the track....
thenewguy821 Wrote:It was good meeting you tonight SpdRcr. Look forward to seeing you tearing around the track....

Thanks Chris...After watching last night for a bit, I've definitely got the bug again. Man this is gonna hurt the wallet. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guess where I'm going tomorrow! slaytanic 4 2,115 07-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Getting Back into RC! chicagopro3 2 2,107 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Getting back into the fun! Opliko 5 1,345 12-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  right forum this time My buggy willitbme15 21 3,453 05-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Last Post: 4wheelinrevo
  Drag Racing Time! (BigSquidRC) Brian_BigSquidRC 6 1,802 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Brian_BigSquidRC
  Quick question, also I am back. mikecooper 7 1,626 03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  I went out to buy some milk, and came back with? t to the maxx2 25 3,329 03-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Last Post: UE-Maxx
  The MGT is back ! R.F.D 2007 12 1,904 12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  OK- time to either fix it or get rid of it.... matt03gls 5 1,481 10-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Time to pick out a motor for my buggy. Mr. Tune 23 3,066 07-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Last Post: rocco79