Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oct. 3 - Monster Jam 2
Monster Jam 2 is coming up and everyone is invited to go. It's being held at Tinley Park Bowl. Look for the address and directions a little further down in the post.

They are going to have obstacle racing, radar runs, dirt track racing, and a jumping contest. The event is from 10:00am - 4:30pm. Cost to get in is $10 if you're a Chicago R/C Club members, or $15 if you like me, a non-member. If you'd like to joing the club and race at the same time, then it's $20.

I will be there sporting the new El Camino SS body and running FM85.

For more info, visit Chicago R/C
For the frequency list, click here
For directions, click here
I got the Savage ready to go, Just have to do a little work to the Maxx. Both on FM 62
I'll be there, green channel 5
Red S-Maxx here. Hopefully, I'll come!

FedEx Tracking: On FedEx vehiclefor delivery.
Matas (Pronounce: Mátas)
i wont be there! oh well...too far to drive
Ofna 9.5.. RB Concepts WS7 II -For Sale
Ofna 9.5 Roller - For Sale
Savage...ALL ALUM, bran new Mach427 -For Sale
message me, im, or email if intersted open to just about all offers.
Monster Jam is worth every extra minute of drive time. It would take you 30-45 mins or somethin'.
and il be outa town
Ofna 9.5.. RB Concepts WS7 II -For Sale
Ofna 9.5 Roller - For Sale
Savage...ALL ALUM, bran new Mach427 -For Sale
message me, im, or email if intersted open to just about all offers.
well that's a good reason! Smile
AHH he!!, I may just show up and take some video and bring my boys. Its a drive from up here but just may give us something cool to do together.
I went armed with camera only and it was still fun Big Grin
I'll be there. Can't wait. I've got the Titan Twin all
broken in and tuned. I really wish this one had
a hill-climb like the one in Lake Zurich did. The Titan
would rip up and down that hill!!! Big Grin

TRC
I'll probaly be going but I'll have nothing to run.. its not looking like the JT will have a Non-pull backplate for the .28 in time and the .247 is toast. I got a new 247 P/S on the way as well as the backplate but its not loking good. If I'm lucky I'll have the backplate by sat then probably have to sit up all night and hope its ready the next day. If I get the P/s on sat there is no way i could have it ready and broken in quick enough.

My buddy Nick will be going with his .247 Pro powered MGT. He'll beat on that for sure.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
Any of you "North side" guys mind if I hitch a ride? Tinley is a little far for me to take the van....
Looks like Six may end up being the photographer for the day. I ran mine an hour ago. gas is leaking out of the flywheel location more than usual but it's running good.

TRC, how's the power on that TT? is there alot of torque or does it pull ahead like a single motored truck?
Tex Wrote:TRC, how's the power on that TT? is there alot of torque or does it pull ahead like a single motored truck?

To be honest with you, I don't know yet. I did the initial break-in (Let it idle for one tank) but
haven't actually run it. I've been super busy lately and my wife just broke her foot. I haven't
had much time. I will finish the break-in and tuning on Friday/Saturday and have it ready
for the Monster Jam. I have changed the battery pack, receiver and air filters, though.

I have really high hopes for this thing!!! :p

TRC
Well hopfully there will be alot more going on than the last one I went to. If its like last time, everyone from this board should have a faster truck than what will be there. did'nt stay for the dirt jumping contest or anything so mabey there was more to it.
Which MJ did you go to Mr.Associated? Where? Last year?
No luck on a ride??? Hopefully I didn't take the day off for nothing....
newguy, where you from? I've got three in the truck now. The truck can easily fit 4 if you want to meet up at my house. I'm right by 290 and mannheim rd.

tex, associated is refering to last year.
I'm a couple blocks from the Berwyn woods..... 290 and Mannheim isn't too far...
What time do you plan on leaving?
I was at all the MJ's last year. Do you know which one he went to?
I'm looking at leaving around 9. That should give me plenty of time to get there, pay, setup, and all that stuff. Are you gonna be racing? I got plenty of room for extra trucks as well.
I'll probably only take one truck with. No sense in breaking both... LOL
I would bring two trucks in case one breaks early on. Also they are strict with registation so I would try and be there by 9:45 at the latest. I'll be there around 930am. If you try and register too late he won't let you run. I think the cut-off is around 1030am, although I could be wrong.
Cool. From my house it's about 30-45 minutes to tinley park. So if we leave promptly at 9, we'll be in good shape. I'll pm you my address. I'll be out in the garage preparing around 8:30, so if you want to get there earlier than 9 it's cool with me.