Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phantom works
has anyone herd anything about the phantom works exhaust pipes for the revo?
K3- C5 rody mod, custom gears, KDZ hop ups.

soon *- TTR EB4 S3, ACE servos, RB C5BB, TTR option hop ups, KDZ hop ups.
just curious becuase i got one and the big difference is that t is made from steel instaed of aluminum becuase steel heats up better and aids in the exhaust flow, thats why you dont see carbon fiber or aluminum exhaust on moto bikes or cars, but im wondering if the better exhaust flow is worth the weight sacrifice?I guess all i can do is try both and see which one performs better ....and when i say both i mean stock vs phantom works, also was looking at the trinity high flow pipe.

I have a vantage carbon fiber exhaust pipe and it rocks. Not to sure about the other pipes that you are talking about.
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
thanks for the info. i was looking at those too but arent they like 90 bucks or something?

$64 if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, Fantom makes all their pipes out of steel for some reason, not sure if it's because it's cheaper than aluminum or if it increases performance. Like you said Joe, all you can do is test it out and see.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
i know why they do it, the steel heats up faster and better than aluminum or carbon fiber, hence the hotter exhaust the fast it travels out of the pipe, heat =speed, thats why you dont see moto bikes or cars with aluminum exhausts becuase the steel flows better, but i dont know if the better flow for an rc s worth the extra weight i was trying to find ut if anybody had used one before to hear any opinions but i guess i will have to be the first for this one. Smile

I always wondered if the material for the pipe had any advantages and disadvantages. I know that most manufacturers try to increase performance by studying the resonant characteristics of the Pipes shape. The Divergent and convergent cones theory, which aid in scavenging by pushing the fuel back into the engine with exhaust back pressure. So would it make a difference what the pipe was made outta of? I would think probably less than it's shape.
I know what your saying they do the same thing with cars with header lenths to the collector, im going to run it then use the stock and write down the differences if any,

I had a friend that bought a Fantom .18 & used the stock 2.5 Maxx pipe. He then bought the Fantom pipe. It made a huge difference. It might be designed for those engines though ? Not sure ? I have seen others say it worked good on other engines also. On the heat thing though, I would say Steel would heat up slower over Aluminum & stay cooler farther from the manifold. Aluminum heats & cools very quickly compared to steel. Possibly the steel pipe just stays closer to the same temp. all over ? Not sure there either. Another theory is like boat exhaust that has water injection. Reason for this is the cooler temps in the exhaust actually kinda help suck the exhaust out of the engine. Making it run better & more consistant especially in higher RPM ranges. Just info & ideas ?! :confused:
i think your right the part about consistant temp. through out the whole pipe. i dont understand about how cooler temp help suck the ehaust out of the engine ??? heat makes things expand makes gasses move faster i think ??????oh well i will just have to do some more loking around.

thanks for the info Smile

Steel pipes are best as the heat in the pipe is necessary to assist in scavenging the exhaust gases. If one wanted to really go crazy in this area one could wrap the pipe.
Did some checking around & see that the steel does appear to be a bit better. I also found where it also said the water exhaust does cost a bit of power on boats. They say properly designed dry pipe steel exhaust will create most power. Satoch is exactally right. Makes sense look at dragsters that turn the steel headers red in 1,320 ft. Those are more just directing flow than Exhaust anythings though, but they are definitely going for Maximum Power ! Big Grin
yeah know wrapping will help, i was on a late model pit crew, and we wrapped our exhausts it also helps it you want to change spark plugs , the wrapping wont burn your skin off just burns a little lol any ways i put it on the revo so i wil see as son as my new trans and rec get here with the big engine how muc of a difference it makes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mugen Mbx4 Xr Works PMHOURS 9 2,860 01-11-2008, 04:20 AM
Last Post: PMHOURS