Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got me a buggy Today---8-)WoooHooo
I went out to Newberrys today and got my truck going real good. Me happy finally with it.

I came across a OFNA ultra LX with 3 sets of wheels with one being new and not even used.
The one with the blue and yellow wheels.
All electronics, Motor ( .26 ), spare exauhst (stock one), Extra Motor mounts, body and backplate for roto start.
It has under a gallon supposedly run through the motor and I picked it all up for well under $200.
Fired it up and it ran pretty good but needed some tuning---compression was really good on the moter too.
I would say that is pretty darn good and much less than I was expecting to buy one for.
I gots some work to do to it ( no money involved ) and then it is ready to go again.
This is not what I wanted but I could not pass this up---Even my buddy Mark thinks it was a steal.
Wife is bent out of shape with me over it--so I am in the dig house for a bit but well worth it I think.
I will take picks of it later and post them.

Brian :joy:
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
good deal, all that for under $200...The buggy is only like $279 NIB though, I wonder how many gallons have been run throught the chassis? You said under a gallon on the motor but what about the rest of the car?

what radio and servos came with it?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
when was this? i was there all day sunday racin. cant even say HI to a nugga...
ahhh i see your sig now. i know who you were. positive camber guy.... Smile lol jk
Yep thats was me, Camber issues --broken wheel
But I enjoyed my self though---it was the most I did with the truck since I got it.

Over all the car does not appear to be used all that much based on condition and chassis

Everywhere I looked it was over 300 plus NIB.
Like I said it was not what I wanted but for me to start with a buggy is better than nothing

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
sounds like a killer deal then!!!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I could be wrong but the ofna buggy with the blue and yellow wheels is a Ofna MBX Ultra Comp.Nice buggy,a little on the low end but a good basher. We will see how it stacks up aginst the other buggys at leisure this year.
You are correct Dan it is the MBX Ultra but I dunno if it is that or the COMP.

Took the motor out yesterday and looked at the piston and sleeve and got a better chance
to check compression---good compression and I see no scratches.

On the other hand from a closer look at it it looks to me it has had at least a gallon-1-1/2 gallons run through it.

It was rough getting it started Sunday cuz fuel was left in there for a week or more. It ran but was a bit rough and I think it had to do with the fuel going bad and some on the tuning side.
I will be cleaning this thing up real good and the tank out real good too.

According to some of the specs I read on this is has the force 26 in it but how can I tell if it has this motor or another motor. The head is purple with OFNA on it and the motor casing shows 3.5 on it which I dunno what that means.
Also how are the force engines??

As for the rest of it---I took a shock off to check that out and it has push and spring on it but when on the buggy it does not push the arm down very well at all.
So I am wondering what would be a good oil and spring to use in them?

BTW---what is the big deal on the electric start with them---I see ppl having problems with it.
Dan, Mark mentioned it to me you had problems with yours.

I am looking forawrd to give it a try at LH as soon as I can.
To be clear on the wheels---it came with 2 yellow ones and 4 blue ones and 4 dirty harrys.
Stock OFNA radio and electronics.

Slim --- Maybe we talked but I dunno who I talked to-to match up your user name here??

Any tips on buggies stuff especially this one would be greatly appreciated.

As for my Mayhem ST---I am have finally had the chance to run this on a off road track and it handles really good. A bit tough on a shorty track but that will get my skills better in driving dept.
The only bad thing is the Stearing servo needs to be upgraded---way too slow and I had to take turn wide and still had bump and grinds. Or I bump it up from 6 cell pack to a 7 cell pack for the RX pack.
I broke one of the turnbuckles but I plan on upgrading those to something more durable.
I did not blow through bearings this time. I had put in better chassis stiffners and a vented flywheel which I think these two had a lot to do with me eating up bearings. In addition I went from a 13t to a 12t gear.
Mark knows I had more run time this time than at the dirt track by my home.
I did do the 10 min main with good results from the motor and not too hot either---I was expecting issues since it had never been run for that long at one time.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Lucky
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
this is me...

[Image: IMGP0423copy.jpg]
that is one cool mo'fo right there....pimp daddy wasssupp
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
sup playa? Wink
functional AND fashionable! I like it. But does it breathe? Go on brush yo shoulder off..
Okay---brake cleaner

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Quote:According to some of the specs I read on this is has the force 26 in it but how can I tell if it has this motor or another motor. The head is purple with OFNA on it and the motor casing shows 3.5 on it which I dunno what that means.

if it has the purple head it's probably a force motor(unless he swapped heads), i believe the 3.5 on the side of the block stands for the cc's of the motor instead of c.i.'s. i used to have a force .28 it was a very reliable motor, easy to tune, and held a tune very well.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
Yeah I found something to verify that---it is the force motor
Thanks anyway

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

im almost positive that it is the ofna mbx ultra pro. i have this buggy. the buggy comes with a force 25 and 4 blue tires and 2 yellow ones. the motor must have been upgraded.
IMO the force engine is good. Mine holds a tune, and runs well, I have lots of power and run it at 200 or so.My MBX Ultra Comp came with the 4 blue and 2 yellow wheels. I have now put a set of crime fighters on proline dish wheels on it, we'll have to see how it hooks up at LH when they open.That eletric starter sucked. It fried the eletric motor out in a month or two, so I used a rotostart from a HPI 25. I have a pullstarter now, but want to go back to a rotostart on that and on the picco 27. I just picked up a collari 30 too so maybe I'll put that in the buggy.LOL
wow i didnt kno people actually owned this buggy besides me!
Yup, I had a limited budget and thought the Ofna would be a good choice. Nitronuisance has the 9.5 and I was impressed with it so I too got an ofna altho it was not a 9.5. (couldn't afford one). It's not the best buggy but it seems to do ok, but we'll see this winter when LH opens how well it does. I know I'll have to set up the diffs and I'll need springs so any help (general) would be great. I'm not looking to whoopass but want to be able to keep up in the X Main....lol. (I'm a crappy driver).
Yeah I need a lil more info on setting up the diffs, shock springs and oil.

I did take the rear end apart cuz it seemed to feel gritty.
The diff has grease in it and I wonder if I put a gasket on and put in diff oil instead and if so what is a good combo for front, center and rear oils?

I have a piece of film from my daughters RTR NTC3 I was going to cut a portion to cover up the diff that is open between the casing and the chassis. It looks like dirt can get in there and cause it to get ground up in the gears.

On another positive note:
My wife was upset that I got this buggy and now she too wants to be a part of this all. She does not want to be left at home while my daughter and I go out to race and have some fun.
So now I guess I will be keeping my HPI MT for her to dabble with.
Now I just have to get the wife to get use to how to drive a truck back to ya---get her away from the natual instinct of the hand eye co-ordination with RC stuff.
Damn it is going to be rough to be pitting 3-4 cars at once....but I will teach them what I know.
Looks like this is turning into a family thing here at my home.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

yea im also looking for a starter setup. i had a setuo then forgot to write it down and then forgot what it was. i guess we can all learn as we go at leisures new track :bustingup
i set my diffs in my 9.5 up with 5/7/1 5000 front 7000 middle and 1000 rear. works pretty good. and thats the general suggestion just about everyone will give you. basically what you do is go out buy a bunch of different weights of oil and try it out for yourselfs, i find this setup works for my driving style but it won't work for everyone. i also run 35 in my front shocks and 40 in the rear, again this is me but from what i hear it works for most. and i used to rum panther boas and they were a good all around tire, right now i'm running crimefighters. but tires will change once we all hit the tracks! hope this helps some of you!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
panther "C" switches are what you want on a buggy at the new leisure indoor track. Crimes have too tall of a pin. Of course that can be ground down but the tire compound still isn't right (too hard)

Another good indoor tire is the Proline Inside Jobs
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Okay but can a diff with grease be switched over to one to use diff oil?

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which 4wd Platforms Make Sense Today? kurama 0 2,443 01-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Last Post: kurama
  new buggy question SHYCAGO 33 6,646 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  New Buggy Soon J-Dub 29 6,076 02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Would a 5HP engine fit in my buggy LMAO Rawkfist_02 23 4,750 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  New buggy, losi 8ight T or mugen mbx5T snoracer 10 3,087 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Setting up a clutch for 1/8th buggy Toughtrax 6 1,805 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  New buggy from SH Engines! slaytanic 26 3,772 10-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Piktor Rush 2 8th scale buggy? Thirdgen89GTA 38 6,394 08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  Blazer Buggy.CC01 that is.... Jeepguy 10 1,942 07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  My New buggy hansarvin 6 1,587 07-16-2007, 06:37 AM