Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the difference between these 2 shocks?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXFTL2&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXFTK9&P=7

thanx for all of your help Smile
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
I am not sure, but I think the purples are cheaper because no one buys em. LOL
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
one is 67.99 and purple while the other is 77.99 and blue
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
yeah, i know that but i dont understand what the mechanical difference is besides the color, which isnt mechanical. did that make any sense?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...XFSM4&P=ML

buy nothing else if your going to upgrade!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
rocco79 Wrote:http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...XFSM4&P=ML

buy nothing else if your going to upgrade!

Thats the best 8 shock setup for a maxx you can get right there... a little on the heavy side though, I'll still run mine on the track.

4 UE Supershocks are awsome for racing a maxx, but you'd need different shock towers, and 06mm standoffs..

"Buy good or buy twice."
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotton."
"Saving money isnt what always happens in the end."
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
whats UE
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
something you can never handle
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:whats UE

Unlimited Engineering.
http://www.ueusa.net they make the best hop ups $$$ can buy for a maxx.. and the price reflects that.

a maxx hopped up with UE and DACE parts = a supermaxx = what I run.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
hey rob, i was looking at the power strokes, and i was thinking about getting them, i dont plan on racing this truck, just bashing, im going to be on the road and off road do u think they will be ok for that? cuz if there is something out there that is reliable for just bashing ill get that instead of spending more money (egven though its only like 10-20 more, im REALLY CHEAP lol) i was also looking at these what do u think? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...XVV08&P=ML

i just noticed that these r the same price as the powerstrokes, what would u guys reccomend for bashing? and also what wait oil r u running in the powerstrokes, rob and i think uemaxx, has them not sure.

wait, so if i get the powerstrokes i have to get new shock towers? cuz if thats the case i dont really want to get new ones, i just got new rpms from uemaxx. r there any good shocks out there that just bolt right up with the other stuff stock?

I run powerstrokes and so far, all i've done is bash. The powerstrokes have a 3.5mm shaft, and the UE supershocks have a 4mm shaft, but I have not damaged my powerstrokes yet.

I run the 30wt oil that comes with them. Buy them off ebay, you can get them for alot cheaper new in box than you can on towerhobbies, or in a hobby shop.

[Image: powerstroke.jpg]
[Image: compare.jpg]
[Image: allset.jpg]
[Image: snowmaxx6.jpg]

At the moment, UE maxx runs 4 traxxas shocks. He plans on upgrading to UE supershocks.

Traxxas26 Wrote:wait, so if i get the powerstrokes i have to get new shock towers?
you tell me.
RobH Wrote:4 UE Supershocks are awsome for racing a maxx, but you'd need different shock towers, and 06mm standoffs..
Ok... so I uinderstand the dual spring rate on the one shock... but what is a bypas shock?? Is it strictly for damping??
Rob, another GREAT photo (the one of the Max sitting in thr fluffy powder). You have a gift there.
Quote:Ok... so I uinderstand the dual spring rate on the one shock... but what is a bypas shock?? Is it strictly for damping??

Dan, check this out.

Link for Dan

Click products, monster truck, performance suspension and look around there about the power strokes.

[Image: DaceWinmountTower.jpg]

This is a old picture because right now my truck looks like this.

[Image: stevepieces.jpg]

I run 4 stock shocks with 70wt oil and Trinity 8.5lbs springs. I also have the Big Bore aluminum shock caps to keep them from popping off. Like Rob said, I do plan on getting Super Shocks, but I am working on the stuff right now that I need to get my truck running again.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
actually that doesnt sound too bad uemaxx, i think ill get some different oil, and maybe a little bit stiffer springs and still run all 8. cuz i don treally want to get different towers

Traxxas26 Wrote:actually that doesnt sound too bad uemaxx, i think ill get some different oil, and maybe a little bit stiffer springs and still run all 8. cuz i don treally want to get different towers

You don't need new towers for powerstroke shocks, for the 3rd time. I even posted a picture.

Even with aluminum caps, im suprised UE-Maxx didn't blow his shocks apart at the woodridge jumps.

Just buy a good set of shocks and be done with it.
ok, sorry rob, im confused, so i dont need to buy anything but the powerstrokes and oil, oil them up and drop them in right?

Traxxas26 Wrote:ok, sorry rob, im confused, so i dont need to buy anything but the powerstrokes and oil, oil them up and drop them in right?

they come with oil... did you even look at the pictures I posted?

[Image: powerstroke.jpg]
[Image: allset.jpg]
yeah, i did, just didnt know if it was your oil and box or whatever

Traxxas26 Wrote:yeah, i did, just didnt know if it was your oil and box or whatever

not my box... im not that organized.

DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Rob, another GREAT photo (the one of the Max sitting in thr fluffy powder). You have a gift there.

Thanks. Personally, I think the set of snow pics I took look like crap. :o
i think the snow pics look cool. BTW just oredered some powerstrokes from tower...

Confusedmash: Yay got it through your head finally LOL

Quote:Even with aluminum caps, im suprised UE-Maxx didn't blow his shocks apart at the woodridge jumps.

That's what everyone says. I plan on proving everyone wrong. LOL
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:Confusedmash: Yay got it through your head finally LOL

That's what everyone says. I plan on proving everyone wrong. LOL

lol, when i posted those few posts that i was confused on it was at like midnight and i was tired and then at like 1000 this morning and i was still tired, lol

good choice bro... Im workin on gettin some for my savy
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  whats the difference? motoxer4life 22 2,845 08-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Last Post: allan42r
  Jammin Big Bore Shocks GWPHOENIX 1 866 09-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  Difference In These Wheels UE-Maxx 7 1,707 03-11-2006, 11:29 PM