Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good deal on Mini T batteries at Stormer Hobbies
Stormer Hobbies has Orion 6cell 7.2v batteries for mini/micro RC's for $9.95. They don't specify but for this price they are prolly NiCad not NiMH, but still look good for the price. I just ordred two and will let you all know how they are once they arrive. Gotta get ready for Mini T racing after Christmas !!! Big Grin
cool, what is the Mah?
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Thats a real good price. Thanks!!
________
Laguna Bay Condominium Pattaya
Traxxas26 Wrote:cool, what is the Mah?

They don'y say, but the best Orions are 1400 and the regulars are 1200. I'll let you know when I get them.
ok, thanx
hey you wouldnt happen to have an extra mini-t chassis laying around would u, my LHS is out

I don't, try T to the maxx. He just alum'd his, I think.
ok, thanx

T26, have you added bearings to replace the bushings? Make a big difference, especially in the wheels.
they might look good but looks are skin deep.. All those big mfg packs are made form cheap RX pack cells that were not made to handle high loads. I'd save your money and get packs made with good cells made to handle high loads that motors will pull. Packs made with GP 1100's, Intellect 1200's, CBP 1150's are the best out there right now.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
no, i havent got the bearings yet, i might be getting some after xmas, but im not sure, i might be selling the mini t, and might be getting an Mini LST. Also i just a tmaxx not too long ago i blew both my motors so the tmaxx is first on the list then the mini t. Dave what motor are you running? i have the orion big block. and someone what is GP intellect and CBP? i see those on 1/18th.com alot, are those just a brand of battery or what, i should know ive had my mini t for like 9 months now

GP intellect and CBP's are battereis that they use to make good packs.

I've bought lots of packs form Cheapbatterypakcs for my Mini-t. No problems with them.
http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/main.as...3&model=20
-- John --
oo, i just have 2 generic packs that seem to put out a lot of power, and i havent had any problems yet ive had one for about 9 months and the other for about 8

Six, I have to agree 100% on better batt's being worth it if you are after all the performance you can get. I listed the $10 link because lots of mini guys are prolly like me; just looking for more batt's to have on hand for fun use. The good packs for mins start at $20 and go up to $40. If I were really serious on competing, I would get those and a seriuos charger/discharger. For family use, I think these will work ok.

T26, I just put in a Trinity Termination (thier first level upgrade motor $20). That, along with 7.2 volts and the right pinion and it really moves pretty well. With new pin tires on the rear and fresh pack it wheelies. Almost too fast for running on curvy track layout, as it wants to spin out the rear. Using a 5cell would tame it soem for more control, but who really wants to go slower? Yeah, I know slow is fast........

Fun little truck!
$10 is a great deal for any battery packs and yeah for just running around they will work great but usually those packs are around $20-30 which are just as expensive as a basic unmatched GP, or CBP pack. the difference in power between a quality pack and a cheap one is unreal though. I remember when I first picked up my KAN 1050 pack for my mini-t. It could do wheelies from a standstill (no backing up) with all stock electronics and gearing. I was sold after that.

Now though.. well its too much. I have a couple of old KAN 1050's and 1 GP 1100 pack. Its running the SPY ESC, TRinity monster machine motor, HItec ESC (don't remember which one) and a bunch of other hopups. If it gets traction it doens't wheelie.. it flips over. lol. ITs a blast to drive on grippy surfaces but just uncontrolable on slick stuff.
-- John --
yeah, i have no clue what stage my motor is, do u have a ball diff in there? they are no nice! with the stock diff i blew diffs like every 3-4 batts with the losi speed motor i dont get wheelies but thats cuz i have it geared for high speed, i might try to gear it down when i get a new chassis and see what happens. Smile

I have an MIP Ball diff in my mini-t. It works great no problems. Stay away from the 3racing ball diff. I tried one of those and it was horrible.
-- John --
Got the cheapo batteries today. I know there is all kinds of batteries, but here's what they say on the packs:

Charge 120mAh for 14 hrs.
Rapid charge 1.2A/1 hour
NiMH
7.2 volts

So, these are NiMH 1200mAh capacity, yes?

I'll charge them up and stopwatch them on the Mini T and do a review for y'all.

Dave
Cheap battery update.

Charged both of them and gave them a run in the Mini T. First impression is that they are as good as the Losi 6cell pack (which might not be that good?). The Rocket packs charged cool and deliver good punch and speed.

Next I will fully charge them again and do a runtime benchtest compared to the Losi 6cell.
Sounds good Dave, thanks for the info. I think I want to try a mini-t 6 cell pack as a Rec. Pack in the revo...I wonder if it'll work ok and not fry out anything.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Does a standard RX, like a JR RS300/310 handle 7.2v input? If a MiniT does I gotta believe the RS300 would. The 6cell mini pack is too wide to fit the standard Revo radio box, but for those who changed that out I guess it will work (with a connector change).

I guess I would be looking for more capacity on the RX pack, versus more volts, more along the lines of Lipo.
Lipo has WAY more volts on average. People use Lipo's as rec. packs and they are 7-8 volts (not sure)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Volts and ampacity....

Just got done setting benchmark with the Losi 6 cell pack.

I ran it wheels off the bench at low speed for about 25 minutes and it wasn't losing any power so I took it down and drove it for another 15 minutes and it still isn't losing too much punch. Motor temp was getting up around 150-160 so I stopped to let it cool. I will finish running it on the floor for a total time, and then repeat with the Rocket pack for comparison.

I'm prolly gonna need another set of brushes and a comm cut after this.
Tex Wrote:Sounds good Dave, thanks for the info. I think I want to try a mini-t 6 cell pack as a Rec. Pack in the revo...I wonder if it'll work ok and not fry out anything.

would it really be worth it?? what would be the benifits of an extra cell?
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
Higher voltage equals faster servo movement and higher torque. But if the ampacity of the pack is lower, you won't get those benefits for as long during a run.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Volts and ampacity....

Just got done setting benchmark with the Losi 6 cell pack.

I ran it wheels off the bench at low speed for about 25 minutes and it wasn't losing any power so I took it down..

25 mins of running with no load was a waste of time imo. A real test would be to test them by actually running them at the loads that they will see durring Actual running. A complete junk 6 cell pack can sit and run a 1 amp load for hours.. increase that load to 10+ amps (which is easily what a mod mini motor will draw) and that is where the big difference will be.
-- John --

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, and Mini Opinions? kderacing 0 2,717 11-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Last Post: kderacing
  Mini racing? Tristar Racing 2 3,072 09-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Tristar Racing
  Batteries for stock e revo ricketki 4 5,748 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  RC8T: Lookin Good. J-Dub 12 3,445 06-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Last Post: briyouu
  Tower hobbies is giving away Platnium REVO's! Whoo Hoo! team3six 20 5,886 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax
  Brushless Mini-Z Formula 1. CowboySiR 3 1,930 07-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  Any Chicago Area Tamiya Mini Cooper People Here? chicagokenji 0 1,565 06-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  hyper 7 rtr any good? motoxer4life 20 3,127 05-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Evil3
  What's A Good Electric Touring Car PMHOURS 12 2,598 05-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Last Post: PMHOURS
  Check out this deal! slaytanic 2 1,257 04-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Gforce