Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xray M18
Well I broke down today, and replaced my stolen XRAY M18. It is a great 1/18 touring car, and tons of hop-ups. And Xray does not hold back on quality. This is a well built car, and the same quality as in any other Xray product. The only thing that I don;t like is has bevel gear diffs instead of ball diffs, but you can buy them after market.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System
Whether if your into bashing or into racing, R/C is still an obsession

Go Sox!!!!!
Jack one of the owners of this site has mine right now. Hes throwing a mamba comp x in it for me. we'll see if this thing rips or what.
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
I'm waiting for the Nitro Xray 1/18. Gotta have it.
Yeah, I thinking about the NM18, but we will see. But I had to replace my stolen M18. I mean my old M18 was loaded. IT had the blue graphite chassis, blue aluminum motor mount, front one way diff, rear ball diff, GP 7.2V1200 niMH, Mamba Compition X package(8000kv), aluminum spur(needed it with the mamba), and chrome Mirco RS4 rims and tires. The car was awesome, and someone stole it. So hopefully I will be able to upgrade my new M18 to that status again, but maybe a 5400/6800 mamba though so I can actually race it.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System

Go Sox!!!!!
I was just surfing Xray's site and forum and it seems the NT18 won't be out until after the holidays. Probably a good thing. Where do you race the 1:18?
right now I just practice at Hobbytown in st.charles, they have a little track in the back, and I have run my Mini LST and 18T there, but no real races, I have been trying to find a 1/18 race to race in that why I'm trying to start a 1/18th racing club so if I can get enough people, places like Hobbytown might let us run a race there (i was told that they have alot of track so they can make a decent track).
LH is throwing around the idea of having a micro on-road track indoors when there isnt a big race going on. Nothing is 100%, its an idea at this point. If they end up doing it, I'll be picking up an X-ray mini too.

The quality of X-ray products is got me a customer for a long time !!!!
I'll mention it tomorrow, hopefully it would go better than the last time we tried it.
Bjoe, is HobbyTown taking pre-orders on the NT18? Any price known yet?
Hey Joe, I will help organize it if needed, i really think we could get something good going. So if you need any help I'm there, plus I need to get my 1/18th club off the ground.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System

Go Sox!!!!!
Leisure Hours Raceway did confirm they purchased some carpet to run a small indoor mini track.

Most people who were racing 1/18th cars at Tinley on Weds. night in the past will probably be running the M18s and HPI Mini's up there.
Anthony_ISLA
Yep, and Bernie said they will set it up for mini trucks, also. yay
have any of u tried drifting with the m18 im thinking about getting a 1/18th and kinda want to try drifting but i dont want to me stuck on the ground. u think it would be bad to jump the M18
Gamer.
~Noto
why jump an on-road? yes it would be very bad for it..........
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
i want a mini so i can drive around my house but it seems like it would get boring to just slide arounds stuff like i would want a mini t so i could jump steps and stuff but then i also wanna try drifting
Gamer.
~Noto
drift with a RC18 then.......Then you could jump it when you feel like it. I don't think jumping an on-road would work out the best although I have seen it done more than a few times.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
can u lower the Rc 18t so the chassis is almost touching the ground
Gamer.
~Noto

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Team Xray Truggy! BAMF90 3 1,159 01-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  xray set-up guide?? kevinF 4 1,594 01-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  xray xb8 Mr. Tune 19 2,418 06-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  XRay 1:18 nitro MT DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 8 1,577 05-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  MY Xray Nitro NT18 Build PICS xray_IRISH_nt18 23 5,336 03-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Last Post: xray_IRISH_nt18
  XRay NT18 in stock at Stormer.... DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 7 1,605 02-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee