Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOme movie maker experts
Hey guys, alot have helped me in the past and I need it again

I am using movie maker by microsoft, and I just finished my first test movie. I have it saved in my computer completed. But now I cant figure how to save it to a DVD in my computer. Last week I tried and I got the message I had the wrong format so I went and bought the plus R dvd's. I thought I saved it using windows media player, it went thru the whole burn process, but I cant play it on dvd or PC. When I tried to do it again it seemed to burn it as an audio cd, I cant figure how to get it to DVD

Thanks in advance
George
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Help still needed
What format did you save it as? By default, movie maker saves files as .wmv, which is a compressed video file for use with media player and saving on pc and what not.

To burn stuff to DVD it needs to be a specific MPEG file or it won't work. I'll play around with movie maker tonight to see what it can and cannot do.
What software are you using to burn with?
cemeb4dk Wrote:Hey guys, alot have helped me in the past and I need it again

I am using movie maker by microsoft, and I just finished my first test movie. I have it saved in my computer completed. But now I cant figure how to save it to a DVD in my computer. Last week I tried and I got the message I had the wrong format so I went and bought the plus R dvd's. I thought I saved it using windows media player, it went thru the whole burn process, but I cant play it on dvd or PC. When I tried to do it again it seemed to burn it as an audio cd, I cant figure how to get it to DVD

Thanks in advance
George

Just gonna ask the stupid question, George, does your computer have a DVD burner, or just a CD writer?
Dave it has a DVD Burner.LOL

John

I think it saved it as a .wmv file.

Also I have no idea on what software, I just went to windows media player to burn disc.
I'm out of ideas.
LOL Thanks Dave...
If you cant make mpeg with movie maker I can copy pinacle(sp?) studio for you. Thats what I use and it allows you to make the movie in almost all formats.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Thanks Kevin I will mlet Tune figure it out, since I am not to computer savy with the tech stuff and I might have to take you up on your offer..

Thanks alot for the offer it is appreciated.
Ok george, here are some links to help ya out.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using...rndvd.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using...ber25.mspx

It pretty much comes down to using movie maker to make the videos and 3rd party software to burn it to dvd. Windows by default doesn't have any software that will do it, so you gotta buy some. It's not very expensive. Under 100 for what you'll be needing.

Be prepared though, rendering and burning DVD is super time consuming. You can always walk away and do other stuff, but your pc will be rendered useless while you do it. What I like to do is get it rendering (the most time consuming) before I go to bed, that way I don't sit around for hours waiting for it to finish.

I use NERO for my burning software and I like it. I hear Sonic MyDVD is good to.

I can't tell you how many dvd's I wasted trying to figure out which settings worked best for me, lol. But once you get it all figured out, it's smooth sailing after that.
Thanks Tune,

Where can i buy Nero? Like office depot or should I go to Cmp usa or something
I bought mine directly off their website in downloadable form since it's cheaper than buying the retail package. I have Nero 6.

Looks like Nero 7 is out now too and the same price too.
Before you go out and purchase, I forgot to ask. Most DVD burners come with some sort of oem type software so you can use it. If your's came with your computer, it might be factory installed.
my dvd burner came with my computer

hp a330n

is the model number of my PC

I have record now, but it seems pretty useless
What's the progress on this george? Did you pick up the software?

I almost forgot how long it really takes to get a movie on dvd. I'm making one right now using nero.

1. Open up nero and get my mpeg into the storyline thing.
2. Clip the movie to start and stop where I want. (It was a tivo recording Smile) A few minutes.
3. Setup the chapters. I did 24 of them, around 5-7 minutes apart or so. It would suck to have to hit the fast forward button to find a certain part of a movie. 5 minutes.
4. Setup the menu. To save time I setup 1 menu. It's a simple template built into the software. It has the title of the film and 1 button. When you click on the little picture the movie plays. 5 minutes.
5. Begin recording process. Estimated time? LOL, 5 1/2 hours! This is how long it takes to convert a movie (mpeg in my case) to DVD specs and then to record it. It's also using the 2 pass method, which takes extra long so there's less chance of a screw up and a wasted dvd.

I use dvd+r because when I bought them, they offered faster recording speeds. 16x vs 8x. I have a 16x dvd burner.

My computer is freaking crawling right now. Aw well.
No Tune

I havent touched it, I have 200 frigin blank dvd's here and have no idea on what to do. I bought the movie maker plus to make and edit the dvds. SO I have this cool edited movie and cant figure out how to get it on a disc. It should not be this difficult
John I saw Nero 7 at Best Buy today $99

I read the box, but I never saw that it says that it is dvd burnign software. Just want to make sure before I buy it. Does it have all the editing stuff on it to like the movie maker from microsoft.
I'm assuming you're talking about this?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...5465403814

If so, that's it. Infact, I'm going to pick it up tonight. My stuff is a bit outdated Smile.
so thats it, doe sthat do all the editing also so I wont need to use microsoft movie maker anymore.

Tune you also will have PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Home? Michowski 3 3,936 04-08-2020, 02:51 AM
Last Post: RobH
  Transformers = Badddd @$$ movie Thirdgen89GTA 33 5,338 10-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Just got home from being a counselor at summer camp and saw my moms new car t to the maxx2 16 5,383 08-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Don't try this at home!! Obsessive R/C 17 4,416 03-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Last Post: gtdude
  Amazing Home Remedies! Procharged5.0 2 1,648 01-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Transformers Movie Hoobajoob 11 1,966 12-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Last Post: HAGASAN
  Simpsons movie trailer! Casketman 3 1,185 11-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Casketman
  Haha, I love this google movie! Thirdgen89GTA 3 1,322 09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  }Movie Reveiw{ Grandmas Boy rocco79 13 2,329 08-25-2006, 10:33 PM