Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boats
Are boats hard to drive? Or are they pretty much like cars/trucks untill they die in the middle of the water?
Dont know about how they drive, but I tried a nice R/C sailboat a buddy has, and it was cool. Quite a challenge to maneuver the water and the wind with no power. I recomend rigging up a tenis ball to a long string to throw out and snag the boat if there is trouble.
You're never to old to be immature
I owned a 46 inch enforcer with a 30cc pro mod gas engine. The boats are fun and very easy to drive my boat did about 40mph wich was pretty quick on water. Boats get hard to drive when there in to 50+ mph range.
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
I had a couple smaller electric boats. One was a hot single mod motor boat that did about 30MPH
The other was a dual motor, dual battery that did about 20MPH
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I had a traxxas nitro villian and it was pretty to easy handle until I had it at WOT, then it was a little crazy. Also if the water was a little rough it took soon more skill to keep it from flipping, but I had a eclectric recovery motor in it that when the engine would cut out, the electric motor could be engage on the 3rd channel and I could bring it in. It was fun, but had to get rid of the boat becasue my city passed a law about gas powered boats in city lakes and ponds. I would get electric, but they are weak.
thanks guys, I was looking into getting one and going up to necedah wisconsin for the weekend, next summer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boats! Anyone into them? bubbaracing 51 36,883 12-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Sh1nn3r
  bas a$$ boats firesprink281 4 3,867 06-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Meatwad
  Electric boats? Traxxas_Junkee 23 8,573 04-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Obsessive R/C
  hydrofoam boats Notochord 7 4,223 10-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune