Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waaaahooooo!!!!!
Just figured I would share the good news. I applied to one college, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and was accepted. I got the notice today. I will be attending the college of engineering with an emphasis in civil engineering. I then plan to major in environmental engineering. I am kind of shocked that I got accepted so fast. It has only been a week or two since they recieved my transcripts from my school. Kind of nice knowing that their civil engineering program is ranked #1 in the country. Go Illini. :joy:
congrats!!!!!
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
nice good luck to u
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
Congrats man!!
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
congrats on your acceptance to Illinois. hope it all works out for you.
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies
Remember to get a minor in social drinking
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
rocco79 Wrote:Remember to get a minor in social drinking

Hey I can double major if I become a bartender. :bustingup I think I will have a good time. I have heard that the college of engineering is a lot of work but that there is still time for fun. Plenty of eye candy when I visited the campus. I see good things in the future... :joy:
Congrats man! I've got a few friends who went to that school. You can learn alot there if you're dedicated. Parties are never hard to find either Smile.
Congrats
sweet, I was also hopeing to major in engineering
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Beginner's Tips for college:

#1: Freshmen get screwed on their schedule. If a class is offered at 7:20 AM, you will get the 7:20 AM class - everytime. Best to identify and enroll in a class that is ONLY offered at that time - then drop it promptly after you schedule is set. Now you can sleep in. Ahhhh.

#2: Know when to identify a total prick of a teacher - and drop the class. If it is a manditory class, see if you can take it Pass/Fail only. This way you get the credit for the class if you pass it, but it wont hurt your GPA if you Barely pass it.
Look for teachers who say things like,"Many of you, I am sure, think this class will be easy..." Drop it like a turd or you will NEVER work so hard for a D+ in your life. It is never worth it.

#3: Do not join a fraternity - at least not as a freshman. School is hard enough without all the parties, booze and dope! I am an expert on this one - trust me. As a member of a very social Fraternity, I have seen so many freshman pledges drop out or get forcibly removed by their parents. We ate freshman pledges for breakfast.

#4: Find a very quiet, secluded section of the library to do major papers or studying in. Distractions are a disaster.

#5: This is the most important thing you can possibly do. This will make or break your college career. ONLY DATE GIRLS WHO CAN TYPE! Who do you think is going to type up that hellacious research study you just completed at 3:00 AM and is due by 10:00 AM??? You??? Forget it, you brain is fried by now. Thats when finding the right girl is essential! She will do it for you every time. Phew! Arent you glad you got all that great advice?
You're never to old to be immature
congrats!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
mikeh Wrote:Beginner's Tips for college:

#1: Freshmen get screwed on their schedule. If a class is offered at 7:20 AM, you will get the 7:20 AM class - everytime. Best to identify and enroll in a class that is ONLY offered at that time - then drop it promptly after you schedule is set. Now you can sleep in. Ahhhh.

#2: Know when to identify a total prick of a teacher - and drop the class. If it is a manditory class, see if you can take it Pass/Fail only. This way you get the credit for the class if you pass it, but it wont hurt your GPA if you Barely pass it.
Look for teachers who say things like,"Many of you, I am sure, think this class will be easy..." Drop it like a turd or you will NEVER work so hard for a D+ in your life. It is never worth it.

#3: Do not join a fraternity - at least not as a freshman. School is hard enough without all the parties, booze and dope! I am an expert on this one - trust me. As a member of a very social Fraternity, I have seen so many freshman pledges drop out or get forcibly removed by their parents. We ate freshman pledges for breakfast.

#4: Find a very quiet, secluded section of the library to do major papers or studying in. Distractions are a disaster.

#5: This is the most important thing you can possibly do. This will make or break your college career. ONLY DATE GIRLS WHO CAN TYPE! Who do you think is going to type up that hellacious research study you just completed at 3:00 AM and is due by 10:00 AM??? You??? Forget it, you brain is fried by now. Thats when finding the right girl is essential! She will do it for you every time. Phew! Arent you glad you got all that great advice?

You are now officially my hero. :joy: And thanks everyone...
dude awesome tips right there
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
good job dan, now go make me a bridge to the closest fridge so i can get a brew :bustingup
Just what the forum needed Another Polish kid with ADD

Quote:And now it's sunny out...further proof that the weather is controlled by a woman who can't make up her mind, Mother Nature.
Don't be lazy... you are on a chair with wheels. Just roll to your brothers mini-fridges. It's just down the hall. If I build a bridge you would need to roll uphill... and probably wit your head on the ceiling... :bustingup