Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony's Screw kit
Does it come with like directions on which screws go where. I am wondering becuase I want to know if I can take my truck apart and clean it before I get the kit, or wait to see which screws go where before I take it apart.

I am just wondering because I am a little bored because I can't drive it and would like to clean it and have it ready before I get the kit.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
no it does not.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
Ok do you think I would be ok if I took it apart and just sort of winged it on which screws go where?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:Ok do you think I would be ok if I took it apart and just sort of winged it on which screws go where?

thats basically what I did.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Alright thanks.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
you could also look at the manual. that's what i do.
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
Or as you take it apart, just replace the screws that you take out with matching ones from the kit.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I use the manual for the ones I'm not sure of.
Is there a manual for a Dace predator? That's what UE-maxx has.

I would just use the t-maxx manual for baselines and adjust screw sizes as you see fit.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Thanks guys.

I am going to clean it really good when as I am taking it apart. I also have to get some stripped screws out. That should be fun.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Get some good hex drivers before you start installing the new screws... I wish I did.
ya nothing worse than ruining new screws with crappy allen wrenches
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
what are you getting UE
Gamer.
~Noto
This is what I am getting.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
link? Picture?

Or are you saying that you are getting the Tony's Screw Set??
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:link? Picture?

he posted one already
https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayProdu...tegoryId=2
Yeah the "this" is the link in my posts of this is what i am getting.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
I wish that set was available when I had my Predator!

I third the good hex drivers....Good Tools and good Screws is a great upgrade for the money spent.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
:o Sorry... didn't see that the word 'This' was a link...
No problem Dan.

What size/how many hex drivers should I get? I seen a picture of Rob's drivers and I think it was 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3.

I just got done taking my truck apart except like 4 stripped screws and one cracked off screw in my bulk.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:What size/how many hex drivers should I get? I seen a picture of Rob's drivers and I think it was 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3.

The RDlogic set came with the following: 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, and 3mm. I've used them all except the 3mm.
That is the set that I was using right??

If I don't get a set of hexes for christmas I will probably pick one up right after.
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:That is the set that I was using right??

yup
I think I am going to get some for Christmas.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
I got my truck all apart now.

I am wondering if I should put lock tite on the screws again taking a chance of stripping them out again. I could always just check the screws before I go out and drive to see if they are loose.

I still am going to put lock tite on the screws for like the engine mount, from the chassis to the bulkhead, and stuff close to the engine (servo mounts etc).
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screw you Traxxas.... J-Dub 31 6,811 03-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Rob Kass