Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gave my SM a beating today
Tex came over and helped me setup my truck, then we went and got a heavy duty servo saver at hobby town. After that we went to the woodridge jumps, as soon as I got my truck going, I hit the brake, and the diff was clicking, besides that, my sm was handling better than ever, and Tex's revo is just insane with the p5. We cleared the doubles like nothing, pulled off the hill climb pretty easily, then we started jumping off the other side of the hill climb... I kept landing in a tree on the drop lol.

A little while later we were going off the same set of jumps in the opposite direction... well, you know what happens when you do that... tex's revo landed right on my maxx, then a little while later I landed on his revo as if it were a landing ramp :blah: .

I tried a backflip over the double... no good, when the truck hit the ground all wrong it whipped around like somethin else.

Tex had to shut down his revo because his RX pack wasnt fully charged, then I kept going for big air off the double... I ended up nailing a tree hard as hell with just the lower supermaxx braces in mid air.

After all that, nothing was broke, and the truck still looks good.

[Image: smbash1.jpg]
[Image: smbash2.jpg]
[Image: smbash3.jpg]
[Image: smbash4.jpg]
[Image: smbash5.jpg]
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
Sweet. SuperMaxx's don't break, unlike Revo's. LOL Make sure you tell me when the next time some people are going up there.

Once again the wing looks good.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:Sweet. SuperMaxx's don't break, unlike Revo's. LOL

hahaha your gonna get it for that one :bustingup

UE-Maxx Wrote:Make sure you tell me when the next time some people are going up there.

I was going to post about it, but we wernt really sure about when we were going to be there, because I didnt know how long setting up my truck was going to take, and how much time I was going to spend at the LHS.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
It's true, the Supermaxx takes a beating better than a stock Revo. How much do you have in the SM? Big Grin

Apples and oranges, apples and oranges.
yeah, awesome time today Rob.

We were clearing the doubles like nothing and the hill climb was pretty easy. It seemed harder back in the day. I almost wish the hill climb was more of a battle, I think the more challenging the funner but...yeah still tons of fun.

You should have seen Rob riding 100FT plus wheeies down the street! Man those $99 CVRX's are awesome.

If my Revo would have taken half the hits Rob's SM took I would have had to buy a new truck...lol That SM is TOUGH!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Rob, you take some good pictures. Pictures really show how much you love this hobby and enjoy bashing around.
Rob if some people go up to Woodridge in two weeks ( i think its thanksgiving week ) I should be able to make it. Also I will see if can bring my mom's digital video recorder. I still need to find out how to work it.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
my front spyders are stripped after 1 and a half tanks. I'm going UE, hopefully in time for the next woodridge bash session.

Obsessive, I have no clue how you run stock diffs with that 23.

I'm not even landing with the throttle either, tex can vouch for that.
Yeah... revos don't break. Unless they are mine. Then, if you are going to hobby town through an hours worth of traffic, make sure you pay attention or they will sell you pushrods instead of turnbuckles. The you now have to drive back through 1 1/2 hours of traffic to get turnbuckles... missing the rest of the bash. It's ok... I'll be back. Anyone going to be there tomorrow or tuesday?? I may be able to swing by at about 3 for an hour or two of bashing...
yeah, my supermaxx parts dont break.. instead, the last couple stock parts break every other tank for no reason.
the break point has to move somewhere. Something has to give Sad Until it's FULL UE) then you just snap pillowballs, rod ends, and shock shafts
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
glad to see you got to flog the p!@s out of that thing rob!!!! better have it running for the next one i wanna see it go!! see whos vehicle flies farther!!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
you better fire up that savage for the 'fly farthest' competition otherwise of course the buggy will fly way farther! Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
tex savage is gone!!!! traded it for the 49cc pocket bike!!!! hopefully i can get crash to show up in st. louis next time with his bike and have a race! and i know tha bug will win i was only kidding!!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which 4wd Platforms Make Sense Today? kurama 0 2,466 01-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Last Post: kurama
  Which 4wd platforms make sense today? BobWoodhouse 6 2,430 05-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  Today's practice.... FreeRideFrosty 21 4,271 01-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  Someone just gave me a deal. Rawkfist_02 12 2,237 01-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Last Post: SLOW REVO
  I got me a buggy Today---8-)WoooHooo Biodragen 29 6,107 12-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Last Post: squirrel
  My Truck Came in today Sh1nn3r 20 4,113 12-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Sh1nn3r
  Got a little SM testing in today RobH 65 10,362 10-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  I had some fun today RobH 12 3,145 07-30-2005, 01:33 PM