Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drifting!?
Is anyone here into this at all?
i wanted to but after i got my on-road and destroyed it a few times i decided to get away from them. i had a nitro 4-tec and it was more hassle then it was worth. but to each his own
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
I had an electric 4-tec set up for it. I got bored and made an alluminum chassis for it and never put it all the way back together. I still have most of the parts so I may... I don't know. Tons of fun though and it really turns some heads.
i want to try it. i was thinking about asking my mom for the tc4 for christmas, but it seems like it would get boring after a while
Gamer.
~Noto
i just pulled my 4-tec out after like 4-5 years
i bought it when it first cameout
its something new ill try it....im just gonna slap on some abs/pvc pipe on some rims
for now, then mess with toe/camber l8tr

those of you have parts i might be intersted!!!!
Notochord Wrote:i want to try it. i was thinking about asking my mom for the tc4 for christmas, but it seems like it would get boring after a while

It's fun... but I wouldn't blow the cash on a TC4 to get into it. You can pick up a TC3 or 4Tec on ebay pretty cheap. Hell my buddy drifts just fine with his TL01. It's one of those areas of RC that doesn't need to be expensive...
well i was thinking about racing to. and if you wanna drift good lock up your diffs that helps a lot
Gamer.
~Noto
I've contemplated getting a second E4T to build as a 2wd drifter, but I've got to get my current one rebuilt first.
2wd drifting is very hard with RC's because you cant get enough power to break loose regular tires and you cant get enough speed with pvc. With 4wd PVC the drifts are easy to control and you can still pick up speed. I may actually put mine back together. I think I may only have parts to make it RWD though. We shall see. I need to find my beat up M3 body too...
drifting sounds cool but it gets real lame pretty quick. I personally thing the full size drift sport will die. At least here in the states. I mean there is only so much u can do. They hang out the cars and whatnot, how many variations of fishtails can you do?
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
What up BIG D!!!!!!! Long time no post!!!!

The only thing that i ever liked about rc drifting was the vid i linked to this site. Other than that id rather spin and drift 4 wheel style on a baseball diamond or somthing witha savy or revo or somthin . Just my .02
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I mean, its not racing right? Its just what kind of "style" you have sliding around a turn. I built an r/c drift car. While its fun and challenging at first, it just gets kinda old.
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
It's better if you have 2 or more going at the same time. My buddy and I always ran ours together so we would "follow" each other with the exact same drift as well as learn to spin opposing each other and such. Turns a lot of heads when you have 2 whipping at each other and narrowly missing. Like you said... fun for a while but I wouldn't dump serious cash into it for a yokomo kit or such.
bigdangerous Wrote:drifting sounds cool but it gets real lame pretty quick. I personally thing the full size drift sport will die. At least here in the states. I mean there is only so much u can do. They hang out the cars and whatnot, how many variations of fishtails can you do?

thats one thing that i think will never die! because of the explosion on the import scene it won't go away. trust me if any racing should go away it's nascar! how many times can you go around in a circle!!!!
Let's not bash any certain kind of racing guys, we all have different opinions. I might have a passion for nascar, so let's keep the strong opinionated comments to yourself.

I personally am NOT a nascar fan but it has been around for 50 years and it's not going anywhere....ever
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
i was only kidding. i watch nascar for the crashes! hehe
I did it with my stock nitro RS4....Put some firm tires on it and learn how to get it to slide. It got dumb and I got rid of the car after a while...

(PLEASE SHAPE UP YOUR POSTS)
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:Confusedlap: Hmmm... never have had a problem with homosexual RC's before.

Ok...bad word choice...

It got boring ...
:wavey: I know... I was just giving you crap... Welcome to the boards.
I have a drifter TC3 with abs tires on it, it skates like it's on ice. I prefer actually being able to control the car. But drifting the car around corners is fun I just need a big parking lot.
When I had my old electric 4-tec, the rear tires where very bald (almost slicks), and was playing around with drifting, but it got boring quite quickly. But I can see how people are into it. But on a real drift car you spend a grand on the tires, for 5 mintues of destorying them. As for NASCAR, I admit it can get quite boring, but after you have been to few races you realize how cool and how fast those cars are really going, TV does not do it justice. Know rally racing is awesome (WRC).
Rally is it man!

I did the Richard Petty Driving Experience and that was cool. 140MPH at chicaoland raceway. It's faster than it sounds, especially when you are 8" from a wall (I was riding passenger)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex your sooo right!!!!

WRC is totally the race circiut!!!! Lefts AND right turns... They race in Rain, snow Mud storms you name it those guys dont stop!!!!

Not too mention 130+mph on GRAVEL!!!!!! Ohh and the mad air they get off tiny rolling european hills is amazing
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
wrc is all i'll watch on tv! nhra i will go to see 300+mph in 3 seconds!!!!!
I used to record every WRC race i could back about 6-7 years ago, I had a video collection of races I recorded. I have no idea what happened to them, prolly threw them away during a move on accident.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drifting..... stiffy2054 7 1,395 09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Last Post: BottledBeast
  Just started drifting, suggestions? AznRacer 15 3,068 01-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Last Post: AznRacer