Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream bash ramp
I'm going to build a new ramp soon and was wanting to get some opinions from you guys on what you would like to see. The new one at the bash was awsome, would there be anything you'd like to see different or improved upon? I'm offering this out to everyone because it seems to get the most use at the bashes.

Give me your ideal specs. Height, angle, etc.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
camera hole!! it is alot of fun
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
@) FOOT RAMP!!!!!! ha i tried to capitalize 20...im not the smartest kid at the spelling bee. idk make some like 2 jumps next to eachother like side by side that one would be a launch ramp and one would be a like quarter pipe setup almost. then like make it so u can attach em side by side for fun and attach them like the other way so u can like backflip off of the quarter pipe onto the angled ramp...i thought it would be cool if u get wut im saying.

John
I was not there, but I did watch the videos. I would make it a little wider
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
we had to think about storage and transport for that ramp.
in the november issue of rc nitro mag. there is a simple but great ramp. they launched a buggy over a 2 lane highway and over a truck.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
ya i got that one hey and u forgot the hot chicks under the jump...damn that was a good issue...lol but ya that ramp looked really nice i might tory to build that for myself...
Yeah, the RC Nitro ramp is kinda what I was thinking of height wise...that one looked adjustable.

it depends on it you want to go for height or distance, the steeper the angle the longer you will be in the air, so you can do more tricks, but you dont wanna go straight up lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I like tha camera hole idea. Good thinking Bill. =)
My thoughts are steep but with a smooth, gradual transition. That way you can go big with out the shock of hitting a 45 deg. angle straightaway.

Firesprink, how tall was your ramp?

something wider so tune cant miss it if he puts a wing back on his truck LOL JK. Just something easy going is a good jump. You dont always need huge air but that does help.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
Quote:I was not there, but I did watch the videos. I would make it a little wider

I would make it a little wider also.

The camera hole idea is good too.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
definately wider and a camera hole is a good idea if someone has the balls to hold the camera there!!! btw bill wheres that video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
I vote for wider and maybe longer/higher. I know it gets hard to transport but maybe you could rig something with a hinge and a support of some kind. I don't know. I can visualize it but cant explain it...
Ditto on wider.
Longer, more gradual lead-in, maybe detachable for transport?
Adjustable angle (think about the way a pool deck chair works).
Traction surface?
Width would probably be similar to my other ramp, definatley a gradual lead in...I'm working on a two piece idea. Once I get the details worked out I'll post a pic.

I prefer longer jumps as opposed to high jumps... this would be my prefered angle.. 2' high, 4'-5' long aproximatly.. for the guys that want to go sky high, you could set the ramp on it's end, so 4' high 2' long.. Rolleyes

Attached Files
.jpg   ramp.JPG (Size: 3.71 KB / Downloads: 6)
:lol:
-nick Wrote:I prefer longer jumps as opposed to high jumps... this would be my prefered angle.. 2' high, 4'-5' long aproximatly.. for the guys that want to go sky high, you could set the ramp on it's end, so 4' high 2' long.. Rolleyes
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote::lol:
seriously.. like this ramp.. but a little wider.. http://www.hpiracing.com/swf/mnfeats_flash_mt2.swf
-nick Wrote:seriously.. like this ramp.. but a little wider.. http://www.hpiracing.com/swf/mnfeats_flash_mt2.swf

Yep, that's a good ramp that you could bash all day and not beat the snot out of the truck.

I did like the joke about turning it on end though Big Grin.

btw, that MT2 really handles that flat dirt lot great!

has anyone ever thought about trying to make a barell roll ramp like the old Joie Chitwood stunt show used? and what about driving on two wheels (and not just the rears, Tex)? can an RC MT do it?
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
ah you ask a good question(wise old asian voice) this is stuff we need to try!!!! -nick he already has a ramp like that. it was at the bash and it was a nice little trainer ramp. but once you get the whole throttle/brake control down it's off to the backflip ramp. imo
o.. Sad
i dont' have an rc, and have never bashed w/ any of you guys, so i didn't know =\
sorry forgot about that!
Obsessive R/C Wrote:Firesprink, how tall was your ramp?
2'-6"
-nick, you need to get out there with us next time!!!! I know you've done some crazy things, you should post up some of your video's in the vid section!!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vote on the next bbq bash at berwyn Michowski 43 6,342 04-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  mud bash firesprink281 28 3,171 01-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Last Post: daven75
  October 1st Bash SEEKandDESTROY2 13 1,686 10-02-2006, 12:56 PM