Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.5r
Since I am looking to get a Revo now instead of the MGT I am looking for some insight on the 2.5r. I had a maxx with the 2.5 in it and it was terrible. It never heald a tune and was ver finicky all around. How is the 2.5r?? Should I expect more of the same?? How's the power and speed of the revo stock?? Should I sell the motor before I run it or get what I can out of it and trash it when it dies and get a BB conversion on the revo?? Just looking for insight... thanks.

Dan
if you couldnt tune a 2.5 before chances are your not gonna have the same luck. Personally its a hit or miss engine from what ive seen. If your not looking into messing around with the engines i would just upgrade right away. If you feel you have the paitence to put up with the engine then go for it. I personally love the motor.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
stick to the stock 2.5R IMO. When that motor is dead...upgrade
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I would agree with Tex, except to add that our 25r has not shown any signs of wearing down after 2.5 gallons (non-racing action). Ours holds a tune very well with just the usual HSN adjustments for air temp and humidity. Never have timed it but it goes ok, maybe high 30mph's. When it's a little lean it wheelies like crazy with acceptable temps. Maybe we just got a good one?

We're getting tired of waiting for it to crap out so we can get an OS18tm!!! Big Grin
I agree with Tex too. Stick with the stock motor and then upgrade it later. 2.5R is a good basher/racer motor.
I've had pretty good luck with my 2.5R in my Revo from day one. It runs strong, holds a tune pretty good and hasn't given me any overheating issues as of yet (Top Fuel 33%). I had some local police officers checking out the truck one night I was messing around in a parking lot. They radar'd my Revo when it was brand new and running a bit rich at 39mph. I'd say wait for the 2.5.R to bite the dust then get the OS18, RB or whatever you want. If your dead set on getting a different motor just use the 2.5R as a back up.
The 2.5r can really be a screamer if modded and using an OS .18TM slide carb. I've got a 2.5r with a new P/S going to TNT Mods. I've heard great things about this motor when allowed to breath. We'll see.
satoch Wrote:The 2.5r can really be a screamer if modded and using an OS .18TM slide carb. I've got a 2.5r with a new P/S going to TNT Mods. I've heard great things about this motor when allowed to breath. We'll see.
Bruce,
So we can learn from your experience:
How much does the TNT mod cost?
How much does an OS carb cost?
Thanks
Dave
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
a stock 2.5 with the stock carb can really be a screamer
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5