Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I get???
Allright... confused me again. I am selling the buggy and will be buying a MT. (So don't reccomend a truggy even though they are awesome). I was originally leaning towards the new MGT but I also love the chassis and suspension of the Revo. If I got the Revo I would run the stock motor untill it dies and then do a BB onversion. I need some opinions. I will be doing a fair amount of bashing but it will also hit the track. How durable is the revo stock? Hopped up? Reccomendations?? I think I am leaning back towards the Revo. I have a max of $500 to spend. Absolute max! and I would already have the batts and charger for the roto start so don't tell me I will be over. Thanks...
I have a feeling that almost everyone here will agree.... Revo.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
Allright. Done. Revo it is. I think I just needed one to say it. I like the fact that if I break a part on it at a bash or the track and I don't have an extra there WILL be someone around with one that I could buy. And I hate traxxas... times are a changing...

Anyone want to buy a brand new 2.5 r???
ya il give ya 60 bucks for that 2.5r. Thats about the going rate on ebay so i thought i would match that. Say 65 shipped?
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
Hehe... I will need to see. If I do that I will probably just pick up an OS .18 or something when I buy the Revo. What .18's will drop right in and what will I need to get other parts for?? + a price on each would help so I can budget. Thanks.
just leave the revo stock and buy some better tires for it. Then go forward only in the tranny.

I have bowties/hurricane rims for $20....used
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex ygpm

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Like Tex said, better tires. ($100)
Then snyth radio if you're going racing so you're not "waiting for Blue". ($150 used)
Then P2 rockers, push rods, & springs for better handling. ($40)
Then stronger single steering servo ($120) and linkages ($40)
Add a wing in there somewhere along the way. ($40)
New body ($35 - painted add another $30-60)
Misc spare parts ($ ????)

Should be about $1000 by the time you're done with your $425 Revo. Dontcha just LOVE this hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ur mean Dave
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I just wish someone had told me the "whole truth" about RC when we got into it.

Like I said before, I don't mind buying nickel-dime stuff, but when they start needing thousands of dimes, it adds up!!
I know the truth... remember... I have an 1/8 scale. I know it won't be cheap but I will do it gradually.

And Tex I may take the wheels & tires. Any pics? Please send them to [email protected] if you do. Thanks.
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:I know the truth... remember... I have an 1/8 scale. I know it won't be cheap but I will do it gradually.

And Tex I may take the wheels & tires. Any pics? Please send them to [email protected] if you do. Thanks.

You can't beat that price. Guys are already lining up if you don't take it.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Like Tex said, better tires. ($100)
Then snyth radio if you're going racing so you're not "waiting for Blue". ($150 used)
Then P2 rockers, push rods, & springs for better handling. ($40)
Then stronger single steering servo ($120) and linkages ($40)
Add a wing in there somewhere along the way. ($40)
New body ($35 - painted add another $30-60)
Misc spare parts ($ ????)

Should be about $1000 by the time you're done with your $425 Revo. Dontcha just LOVE this hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't forget a new pipe $50, BB conversion $40, .21 or ??? $300+ Big Grin Big Grin

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
I want them... I just want to meet somewhere to get them... consider them sold in the near futir if they are in anywhere near decent shape.
Obsessive R/C Wrote:Don't forget a new pipe $50, BB conversion $40, .21 or ??? $300+ Big Grin Big Grin

I was taking baby steps.

Those things come after you roast the stock engine. Or, if you have the money, on day #2 !! Big Grin
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
ok Dan, they are yours.

when are you getting a revo?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Schweet. I got a PM from Satoch so I am going to see if I work something out with him quick. If not then I will be buying a new one tomorow. :-) Also... Anyone know how Satoch's Revo is? I guess he wants to sell his not race revo.
:joy:
T-T-T Confusedalute:
Ok... is the jumpy dude because I am getting a Revo or did I miss something??
Nah Junkie, I was going to post some pics of my Race MGT but forgot how to do it. Revos' are cool, but I swore to never purchase another Traxxas product ever again. The New MGTs are very nice and they are selling for $399 just about everywhere. Happy shopping.
T-T-T Confusedalute:
:confused:
T-T-T Confusedalute:
HAGASAN Wrote:Nah Junkie, I was going to post some pics of my Race MGT but forgot how to do it. Revos' are cool, but I swore to never purchase another Traxxas product ever again. The New MGTs are very nice and they are selling for $399 just about everywhere. Happy shopping.

Are people racing MGTs? $399 is not bad. can we have some pics please of your racer Smile
The MGT is a good racer. Scott Cramer from Maxspeed is leading the Pro series north with his. I have not seen JT's yet but I bet it will hang if not destroy the revos.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Well I did decide on the Revo... now I am trying to figure out if I want to buy a new RTR one or try to work something out with Satoch to get his and possibly make a better RTR for around the same price... Either way I hope to have a Revo together by about 10:00 tonight. I will have the buggy sold around 4:00 or 5:00 and will do what I need to do to either get a nice used one or swing by Al's and pick up a new one. The first runs will probably be on Wednesday.

Cheers
I bought a new one. :-) I got it earlier today. It is the blue body and crystal set . I have to say I really have fallen in love with the thing already... and I havent even had a chance to start it. I did spend some time modding my EZ start though so that it would accept my deans connector batteries. I got als to throw in 4 of the 8 batteries, some deans connectors, and a spare plug for free. I won't have time to ruin it tomorrow but I should get it broken in and tuned on Thursday. Should be a blast. As for a the tracks or bashes... how hard is it to get one of the 6 colors?? Should I buy a spare frequency since these are popular?? I also need to say that I am quite impressed with the stock servos. Although I'm sure that they eat batteries a bit quicker than one servo... they are a huge improvement over the maxx.

Welcome the new revo owner...