Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RC Monster Jam ...This Sunday
http://www.chicagorc.com/RC/monsterjam/2004/mj04.htm

Click the link for more info. I'll be there, hope to see the rest of you
Just found this site and it's great. I will be at the Monster Jam. See you there.
welcome Tony! We'll see you at MJ. Or you'll see my T whoopin your savy anyway :p

.............kidding
Welcome aboard! See you at monster jam 2.
yeah see you there, I will be the one video taping the supermaxx killing all savages. J/K....we like all trucks here. Everyone is more than welcome. MJ should be sweet, too bad I will be on the sidelines.
why are you on the sidelines again Josh? your truck seemed to work fine last time I saw it?
kids....enough said. I want them to see this rather than drive it this time.

Look for a more mods to the supermaxx next time you see it though. Wink
I had a great time there even though I did not enter! There was a lot of great racing and some Super crashes!!!!!!!!! I saw one thing that was uncool and it cost one racer a good amount of $$$$$! One of the club members (I don't know his name and he was not even entered in the Jam) was behind the stand working on his truck, he had his radio on the same channel as one of the racers getting ready to do the speed gun passes! It was a JT Highbreed Supermaxx at about $3000 that did a full speed runaway into the side of the bowling ally!!!!!!!!! Not cool at all! I know that the club management did all they could to keep this from happening but, dam it should have been a cheap Nirto Stampede that hit the wall! lol
They did NOTHING to keep that from happening.

That truck hitting the wall was probably the hardest I've ever seen something
hit something else in my life.

Just talking to a few people, I found that my opinion on the
situation wasn't the popular opinion but I'm sticking to it
anyway. Here's how I see it:

There were three people to blame.

1. The guy that made the decision to not have any sort
of frequency management system in place.

2. The guy who owned the truck that crashed. He ran his
truck knowing full well that there was no frequency system
in place.

3. The guy who turned the radio on. He wasn't even competing
and had no business running a vehicle.

It's real easy to put the full blame on the guy who turned the
radio on but honestly it could have been any one of us that
could have caused someone else to crash. Can anyone say
that they walked around and made sure no one else was
on their frequency? Tell me yes and I'll call you a liar.
(Seriously, turning your receiver on and checking for servo
movement is a good idea but not much insurance.)
Can anyone say that they weren't a little worried about
someone turning a radio on and making them crash?

This is what frequency clips are for and if they continue to
run these races, they need to use clips. If they were using
clips, there would only be one person to blame. (The guy
that turned the radio on.) He should then be responsible
to fix the other guy's truck. In fact, there may not have
been anyone to blame because this whole thing probably
would not have happened.

That's my opinoin. Discuss...........

TRC
thanks for the help today tec. and thanks to snakebite for the big save with the diff. i had such a blast today. i wish i could have run on the track. oh well. next time. they def. need some better organizing.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
No problem, firespink. Glad I could help.

TRC
By the way.... With all the cameras going today, I wonder
if anyone got that crash on film. That would be awesome! :p

TRC
technical rc i did check everytime with the guy i was sharing with. You cant call me a liar cuz im not lying. You can even ask him. But i agree with you tho. And there was a frequency board by the track but i guess he didnt wanna use it. But otherwise it wasnt bad with frequencies. Most of the time people were checking otherwise brian was making sure people ran that were different frequencies. But if you decided to drive on your own on the side it was at your own risk as far as im concerned.
Yea I had a frickn Blast. First time to an organized bash. Well after a while I really don't know how organized it was but who cares. The crash and the amount of time it took to run thru the first trial was fucked up. We could have got to the dirt track with no problem. I agree with Tech that they should have color clips for sure. At times there were 5- 6 trucks running and near a main street like that ......well you get the picture. BTW I say if you spend 3k on a truck, why would you even race it LOL

Again that was a kick ass time....
It Broke, I Freak Rolleyes
sounds like it was pretty cool there today, even though there were a few problems with the orginizing of the whole event. Too bad I missed it but my wife can't make up her mind if she wants to have the baby today or what. She started having signs last night but we are still anxiously waiting to jump to the next step. I just did not feel safe going an hour and a half away since yesterday.

I guess I will have to run at the next one just to make up for it Wink
OH BTW I got some Sweet Jump Videos. I just gotta find a place to upload em. I'll try to get em online once I find free space. If anyone knows of a free Video upload site.. Let me know.
Michowski Wrote:You cant call me a liar cuz im not lying.

OK, I have to apologize for the "liar" statement.
That was a little strong. I'm a little tired (cranky)
right now. :p

The fact is that you shouldn't have had to go find
the person you are sharing with every time you
want to run. That's what clips are for. Just go up
to the board and grab the clip. No clip? Grab another
and change freqs. Simple.

TRC
Turning on your truck while the TX is off will tell the story if someone else is running your channel. Just don't turn on your TX. Turn on your truck and if the servos start moving, someone else is running your channel. Then you turn your truck off and wait until their done. No excuses.

Now that I say that it'll come around and bite me in the ass.
Anyway.......

I had a great time today. Trip was running STRONG!!!
I think firesprink won the long jump with a 60 FOOT JUMP!!!
Brian from Bigsquid came in 2nd with 56 feet and I came
in 3rd at 50 feet. (Gotta love brushless motors!) :p

Good times!!!

TRC
I had a great time today! Smile
I agree that they need to have a system in place to avoid this from happening again but, hell it only takes a bit of common sense! I was was not singed up today but, ran my truck and it just so happens that I was running on the same channel as the guy who's truck hit the wall (78). I went and looked at the sign up sheet to see what numbers were being used and went and talked to the poor guy before I ran mine. Theres no doubt that a system of some sort should be used and maybe a big sign to let folks know there is a system in place. Again I had a great time and whish I would have signed up and that there was some dirt racing! See you at the next one!
By the way.....

That blacktop sealer was BRUTAL on the bodies.
After a little experimenting, I found that "Oops"
brand solvent removes it pretty quickly without
any damage to the lexan. I don't know if there's
any long-term effect to the lexan but I can say that
mine was still shiny and didn't melt.

[Image: oops.jpg]

TRC
Sup guys, don't post much on this forum, but I gotta chime in on this one.

Posted by technical RC

2. The guy who owned the truck that crashed. He ran his
truck knowing full well that there was no frequency system
in place.

Tech, I kinda see your point, but I'm gonna disagree as well.
I think there are two people mainly to blame for this one. And the owner of the truck is not one of them.
What if, that was one of us, let's say I turned on my truck first, watched the servos for movement, and it was all good. fired up the TX and started doing some warm-ups. Lined up for a race and BAM the fing thing is WOT on course for a wall. I know there was no frequency board, but I had a experience at Leisure hours once where someone turned on their radio in the pits and sent me Hyper 7 WOT into the wall at the end of the track. My point being, yes we all knew that there was no clips for frequency, but everyone there took a chance. Everything was fine until someones truck was severly damaged. By the way it looked, I'm guessing somewhere in the 400 dollar range. The same thing happened to Jim at the last MJ, we had to find his JT in the woods, cause someone decided....." UH I guess I'm the only one in the world that runs CH. 666"

Enough of my babbling, I hope this reply makes some sense.

Firesprink, glad to hear the hack job on the diff worked. !!!!!!!!
Congrats on the long jump

Tech, congrats on your jump.

And saved the best for last, Trip.........Good race.
I will get you one day. =)
brokefreak Wrote:OH BTW I got some Sweet Jump Videos. I just gotta find a place to upload em. I'll try to get em online once I find free space. If anyone knows of a free Video upload site.. Let me know.

How big are they size wise? I'll host them for ya if there not too huge.
I picked up some space on my comcast account. I will try to get some Videos out today!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Racing and Bashing every Sunday in Bedford Park gmkiller 6 3,216 10-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  Monster Truck Nationals. AddictedtoNITRO 1 1,693 03-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Last Post: MX_KEVIN
  Sunday, December 17th at Balstrode RobH 10 2,128 12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Last Post: HAGASAN
  Anyone in the NW Suburbs want to to go LH for open practice on sunday? Thirdgen89GTA 14 3,187 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  Skokie Test and Tune this Sunday chicagokenji 6 2,142 08-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Last Post: johntc3
  whos going to Coreys sunday? slim 11 2,137 05-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Last Post: dentguy92
  Tomorrow Sunday (02-12-06) Bash Traxxas_Junkee 12 2,263 02-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  CASH RACE!!!! Dec 4th sunday. newberrys! slim 351 41,493 12-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Monster Madness Tex 17 3,821 10-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Skokie My Parking Lot Sunday Oct. 4th 1:30pm chicagokenji 6 2,084 10-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji