Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DD Money race!!!
Ok, so I was feeling kinda lucky after yesterdays race and decided to buy a lottery ticket. Wouldn'tcha know it, I won $50!! So, I'm thinkin' I could use that $50 at the proposed DD race on the 23rd.

I don't know about you guys, but I had one of the most enjoyable racing experiences ever yesterday and I'm not ready for the outdoor season to end!! It was nice not sweating my ass off! And I love the HP the cold air helps my truck make.

So let's do this race on the 23rd! All in favor say "I"...
its not for any of us to decide tho. Is up to the leaders of the dirt dawgz. All we can do is just hope that they have it. I sure hope they will. Il be there representing the greevo against the truggies.
and the race will be on the 23rd not 13th
dude after your day.... id be straight bent outta shape. you need to find a better deal with those extenders or what ever was breakin.

im down for the cash race! id try to shorten the program tho... get 8 cars out there or more, you have the room. my main was hard with the sun in my eyes and the showdows.
Mich, I must disagree with your statement that it's up to the Dirt Dawgs leaders alone to decide on the 23rd money race.

Obviously veto power is solely Daves' as it's his land. However, as members of this club; much like the representative democracy in which we live, fight and die for; we have the right to petition our elected leaders to represent our desires. And I, like others I'm sure, desire another race.

Additionally; I agree with you Slim, there's no reason why there shouldn't be 8-10 vehicles out on each qualifier. If that were done we could easily have 20 min A-Mains.

As to the stub axles that were breaking, I'm working closely with the mfr. to solve the problem. I was on the phone with him at 10:30pm last night. It'll be taken care of. I've run other prototype parts before. That's why we race-to test.
There is a club meeting this week I believe. I'm sure it will be discussed. Last I heard from John is that this will be a monster truck, buggy and outlaw cash race. No stadiums and no electrics.

I'll pettition for longer mains and only 2 heats of qualifying since this isn't a sceduled race.
I'm in for the cash race. I think 2 heats, and 25-30 minute A-mains are a good idea.
$15 fro members 20 for non entry fees should be a good pay-out.
THere will be a vote for sure as with everything we decide. We have to figure out a format, costs and etc.

John and Dale and Cory I am sure will talk and get an email out to everyone, and also post it here.

What was discussed yesterday was 2 classes MT and buggy. No speration of Outlaw and standard and no buggy seperation. Run two qulaifiers and then the mains. Length of mains to be determined. Also payout would depend on participation.

My suggestion would be 2 seven minute qualifiers, at least 8 cars per race, 10 minute C and lower, 20 minute B mains and a 30 minute A main, with 2 bump ups per main. So eight qulaify and 2 bump to give 10 per drivers per main...

The big thing is the weather!!!
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
I've gotta vote for the seperation of MTs and Truggies, but the rest makes sense.

Can I vote in abstentia?
Bruce your the only sponsored driver, you shouldnt be worried about us local LSP's. Think of it as more cash$$$

I am sure there will be a vote, give John and Dale some time
if it wasnt for the money i would say run them together. Yes there will be a bigger payout if there all in 1 class but the umt guys are almost garunteed to win. Its gonna take one of them breaking for a mt guy to get ahead. There just outright faster. Maybe not by much but in a race it doesnt matter if there 2 seconds faster or 2 minutes there still gonna get the win.
race them together, sure I would love to win the money, but I don't think I would anyway so at that point it is all for fun anyways.

if it's $15 for members and you get a whole race day then it's still well worth it IMO.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
What? No $tadium Truck$...Aww too bad, I really enjoy driving that thing...
Can I make a sugestiom for future races. We should start them off on the front straight in front of the drivers stand and drop a flag or something. I think it would make for better starts and better racen. Too much crashing in that first corner.
Kevin, of course you enjoyed racing your stadium truck! When else is one guy going to have 7 marshalls watching his truck?! LOL!!!

OK, for you LSP drivers, you guys know that you'll kill me and any other MT driver. I've admitted it, why don't you? How about this, I'll drive my buddy's Funny Car and you drive a Pro Stock. They look kinda the same right? I'd rather race my Revo against the buggies than the UMTs at Dave's track!! (And I'm not the only sponsored racer BTW)

Gabe, since you've already given up, why don't you just hand out $5 bills when you get there? Seriously man, you've got a great shot at MT with your new creation, but it's not a Truggy...
ok guys slow down. WE need some time to work this thing out. looks like it will only be open to club members $10 a car two classes mt and buggy. two heats and 15 min. mains.
as for the number or drivers in heats a minimum of 8 that way you will have 8 marshals.
for starting the mains we will be doing something different I still have to talk to Dale and Cory WE will come up with something. just give US a few days and I will post it hear and send out a email to the club.......
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
Of course I'd be up for a money race Big Grin

I'd have to agree on most of whats been said, but.....
Given the amount of buggies, truggies, and M/T's would kind of depend on how many will race per heat....example, say there are 12 in a certain class, you cant really run 8 in one heat and just 4 in another, or run all 12 at once, so it would make since to split it 6 in each heat.

I wouldnt mind running UMT against M/T's, but if it were split up, there would be less traffic in my way! Big Grin

I dont think I'd vote for 7min heats....not everyone can go 7min on a tank of fuel, having to pit in a heat would suck! Sad

I do think it would better if the start/finish line were moved also, but there are issues with moving to the middle of the straight, so were else could it go?

Longer mains would be cool, but I dont know about 30min.... in this club level of racing, there might only be two vehicles left on the track before the race was over :bustingup
If it were 30min, I know for sure that I'd need a new battery pack for the truck, cause mine wont last that long, LOL
you cant go wrong with the ifmar starts... flag down, cars down and hands off... flag up time to go!

as for starting, id say use the whole area with the 5 pack. that will do 2 things, space the cars out, AND you wont be able to gun it so hard you ram everyone.
Looks like you guys got a tiger by the tail. This club is obviously going to grow fast and furiously. I just hope that the powers that be are able to accomodate the desires of the members in this time of rapid growth and expectations.

As to the 30 min. main issue, if you can't do it in the "safe confines" of a local club race, what makes anyone think that they can hang with the big boys? And frankly, I don't think the "big boys" are any bigger than us!!!!

So some say that this is "just a fun little local track". Well then you shouldn't have made it so damned great!!! Face it, like it or not, this club is growing fast and the racers are getting more serious. Not fanatics, but more serious. Yesterday was a great example. There was some serious racing but it was friendly and more organized than I've seen in the past. It was cool and it was fun!!!

Ok, if you're going to bunch the truggies with the MTs, which is just a very bad idea, then the 7 min. quals are just fine. You want to race a truggy then you pay with fuel efficiency. And BTW, I'm going to run my Revo (w/buggy wheels) with the buggies since we're talking about running "unlike" vehicles together.
i think you guys do a fine job, this is a tru club and not a track to make money as a business.

im sure they will do fine in all their decisions...

i def think the bigger quals (cars) would help on the marshalling. then you wouldnt have to beg for volunteers everytime. doesnt help the classes that have 3 entries..... but .
we are going through growing Paine's now, next year will be all different new tracks new rules new officials. WE do want to keep things as fun as we can and run it like a club. WE have had a good time the past two and half years. I would be bad for the club to change the way we do things just to grow. WE are thinking or limiting the number of members next year so we can maintain the club feel. most people don't know how much work this is and more people means more work. yes Satoch it is damned great and we will keep it that way
as long as we can, so keep your panties on it will be great next year I promise
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
Cool....
Bruce thanks for your kind words, I share some of your feelings and ideas towards the club. It is growing and becoming more popular than we have ever imagined.

But at the same time we are not a business and we dont want to compete against LH, or INtense or any other trucks, we would rather work with them and us support them and we do them. One way to do this is too keep it on a club level.

We are getting better every week, thanks for noticing and the track is also getting broke in finally also. Dave has done a great job maintaining the track. Thanks to him.
Bruce, just remember I have the trademark on the name "Bevo" for when you "bug" your Revo. Smile
I think the club growing and continuing to grow definetly has positive and negatives. I like racing differnt people instead of the same ol' grudge match week after week after week.

I personaly feel kinda proud of the club when well known guys in r/c come to a club track and not only like the track actully have a good time and find some competion from other guys maybe not so well know in the r/c community.

Thanks to all that come out and put forth the extra effort to make race days what they are!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I just do it purely for the fun of it all! Against people like eric and john adams, I can pretty much give up now. lol Unless they don't race. or break.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  parking lot s.c. race firesprink281 2 3,473 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Rock Race Ponch! bubbaracing 24 4,846 04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Last Post: stratcat
  Dirt Dawg's Club Race August 6th MaxxGS 3 1,762 08-04-2006, 02:31 PM