Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's everyone do for a living?
Bored at work and was curious what everyone else does for a living.

I'm a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep tech at Champion Dodge/Chrysler in Barrington.
Been working on Dodge for 8 years, been in the auto business since 92.

How about the rest of you guys ?
EMBALMER (start jokes now)
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Hey, I did this thread already!!!! See the archives.

I sell conveyor systems and palletizers (the machines that stack cases on pallets for shipping) for FKI Logistex based in St Louis. Does anybody need any??!!! Buy from me, please!
ops at a Wireless Networking company.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I repaire industrial electronics for a company out in batavia.

Pay is pretty good, plus every once in a while repairs don't go as planned and we get to see cool sparks and explosions with nice loud booms when we throw on the power! That'll wake you up in the morning Smile.
Well, Untill today, I was a Trailer mechanic at the BN/SF railyard. Our company lost their contract with the railroad

(Common in this field. In general, each year a company gives their employees a slight raise, which in turn drives up the cost they must charge the railroad. Eventually, the railroad says "$#!% quality, let's find someone cheaper" and re-bids the yard.)

So, temporrily, I am a professional couch potato... If anyone knows of any job leads, I would appreciate it.
Yeah I remember there was a thread about it, with all the new members, I though tit would be good to give an update.
For the few here that don't already know me (thats what only 1 or 2 people on here Wink ) I work for the St. Charles and Aurora HobbyTown's
I used to a IT tech/ customer service/photographer at AutoTrader.com, basic I help teach car dealers how to use the internet to increase their advertising on new and used cars. I also took photos for the dealers website (i.e. invenvtory, hot female co-workers(j/k)). I also was the office tech guy (when not visiting dealers). Then I developed kidney problems due years of immunosuppessive drugs (I'm also a heart transplant patient of 14 years), so I currently umeployed and getting medical treatment. I do odd jobs on the side, website design, setting home networks, and other techy stuff like that. Going back to school in winter to get a degree in accounting, then hopefully a real job.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System
Whether if your into bashing or into racing, R/C is still an obsession

Go Sox!!!!!
I am the Installation Manager for a custom stair builder based in St. Charles. We specialize in wood staircases for the high end custom home market primarily in the 6 county Chicagoland area.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Obsessive.... Do you use L.J. Smith stair parts???
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I make pizzas rofl
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
rocco79 Wrote:Obsessive.... Do you use L.J. Smith stair parts???
Yes, actually they are one of the suppliers that we use. We manufacture almost all of our own parts, but some things are just less expensive to purchase from a distributor. Most everything is bought in bulk hardwood, re-sawn, glued up and machined in our shop.

Obsessive, What's the name of your company again? I've gotten bids from you guys on some radiused Lyptus base before.

I've actually got a big project for you guys to bid on 18th & Michigan if you're interested. About 30 stairways for a highend condo building being developed by one of the board members of the Greenbay Packers, Mike Wier. He owns a restaurant called Krolls West across from Lambeau field.

Anyhow, to answer the question. I sell Architectural Millwork for a company called Ace Styline http://www.acestyline.com We do all of the Equinox gyms in the country and the fancy McDonalds as well as a good portion of the lobbies of downtown Chicago buildings. I'm also doing John Cusacks new condo on Superior.

Additionally, I'm an "aspiring" adult film actor! (Hey, it worked once at a bar in Kenosha! Found a hottie to help me practice my lines Wink ) LOL!!!
Lets see.....with all the moving Ive done following my wifes career (District Manager for Daimler Chrysler), Ive had many jobs/careers....Ive been a certified mobile electronics installer three different times, union laborer, satellite dish installer, certified marine/boat service tech, stay at home dad, and now a union carpenter Big Grin
Smart chicks RULE!!! I've got one too! You're a lucky man Eric...
I'm a business banker for Bank One/Chase Bank. If anybody needs any business banking services drop me a pm, I'd be happy to help.
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
satoch Wrote:Obsessive, What's the name of your company again?

Creative Stairs & Woodworking

I'd be happy to bid on that project, we do quite a bit downtown...LMK when you're ready and we can set up a meeting or if you have prints I'll pick them up.
You can drop me a line on my cell.... (630)774-1600

I'm a auto parts counter person at Lee auto parts in Wauconda.
I am currently working at Lifewatch a heart monitoring company. I work in the medical billing dept.

Previously I was doing a ton of interior painting and handyman kinda stuff for a friends home remodeling company and before that I was working at a medical insurance company for 6 years in the claims and customer service dept. I'm pretty good in the medical insurance field.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
damn you guys all got good jobs, i work at a bowling alley! i do counter/mechanic. i also graduated from u.t.i. so any mechanics wanna hook it up with a job let me know! j/k but not really!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
Student at NIU Fulltime (Mechanical Engineering)

Building formula race cars parttime but that usually ends up full time Big Grin

http://www.niufsae.8m.com
the name says it all. spinkler fitter, local 281.(NOT LAWN SPRINKLERS!!!!) it always shocks me when im in my sevice van and someone askes me how much it would be to put a lawn system in there yard. as if the big words on the side that say fire protection wernt enough. the 30' extention ladder and 10' a-frame on top of the van should be a clue.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Maybe they don't want their lawn to catch on fire!! j/k

Idea hey, ill move to calli and start a new trade. lawn fire sprinklers. :joy:
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This guy is living the dream t to the maxx2 4 1,129 10-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Last Post: north_shore_racer
  What does everyone do for a living?? DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 20 4,135 05-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Notochord