Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils lake rock crawling Oct. 8th
If your into r/c rockcrawling this is your thing. Where having a day bash out in Baraboo, Wi. October 8th

So far attendance looks good

1. Stick clod
2. 4link clod
3. 4 link emaxx
4. stock emaxx
5. one link clod
6. possibly another emaxx

Obviously no gas trucks allowed do to noise.

I know there is a few guys with rock crawlers on this site.

Here is some pictures from last time.
http://www.freewebs.com/nissan4x4hb/devi...awling.htm
Those are some nice pics you got there.
devils lake is awsome I love that place!
Thanks guys, I love that park it seems its so unlike the rest of the midwest. I spend days there.
Very nice pictures... I LIKE!
________
Avandia Lawsuit Information
from tha pics it looks fun as hell!
Ofna 9.5.. RB Concepts WS7 II -For Sale
Ofna 9.5 Roller - For Sale
Savage...ALL ALUM, bran new Mach427 -For Sale
message me, im, or email if intersted open to just about all offers.
OMG WTH!

That's awesome, I just finiallized plans to go up there for a weekend on Nov. 11, we'll be up there with 2 e-maxxes. I see they don't like nitro, guess the t will have to stay home. Come one come all on Nov. 11-12-13!
Yeah we just got back! It was 4 trucks 3 clods and a Txt-1. Had a awesome time! The guys want to go again before it snows. One guy drove 5 hours to get to the lake. I'll try my best to be out there if I can make it. I'd bring my friend with the solid axle maxx and my brother a local Clod crawler guy that wants to go. There was a guy with a stock emaxx that wanted to go last time but his wife canceled his plans.

Here is the event thread, pictures from the recent GTG coming soon.
http://www.badgerracing.com/~rcracer/for...hp?t=15494

Feel free to post up your new event on Rccrawler there will be a few guys wanting to go.

You might want to mod your maxxes a bit before you go. Buy some Spools or lock the diffs, smaller pinions, and soften the suspension up.
awesome man, well i can't wait to check it out. If y'all could come out that'd be cool.
Here is the pic's
http://www.badgerracing.com/~rcracer/for...post164018
Looks fun, again, good pics.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
All setup to go again on Nov 12th. There is a good hobbyshop to stop at on the way it's near the exit ramp on the freeway. R/c Performance and Hobby we meet there then drive up usually.
Forgot the link
http://www.badgerracing.com/~rcracer/for...post164581
my crawler is acting like crap. it jitters like a crack fiend for no reason.
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
What radio are you running? the tq3 radio antenna's rip easy the box is kinda sharp. Then the other stuff could go wrong like loose screws jiggly metal makes the radio go nuts. Esc could be overloaded if you are extracting to much power for the servos. Esc could be junk, loose wire, that kinda thing.
Mnster Wrote:All setup to go again on Nov 12th. There is a good hobbyshop to stop at on the way it's near the exit ramp on the freeway. R/c Performance and Hobby we meet there then drive up usually.
Good times, good times!
Great pix, can't wait to get there. How far off the 90 is the shop? Being so late in the season, I called the park and they said it'd be pretty deserted, anyone do nitro up there, any complaints?
M@
Nerple Nutz R/C
Link to hobbystore.
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&...gT:6:fbT:0

I never had any issues with getting in trouble at the park. I went on their message board and asked about electric crawlers they didn't care.

Devils Lake Staff Wrote:I only ask one thing as you play with your toys; please abide by backcountry ethics if you are on a trail with your r/c cars. Meaning, those walking and coming down have right of way over you and your r/c. Good luck and good hunting!

I just figured other people might get pissed from the chainsaw like noise and tell the park ranger. If your just going in the parking lot I'm sure thats fine. I've seen a T-maxx at a campsite once before.
T-maxx's are not supposed to go slow anyways they burn up clutches. They have a beach you could possibly drive on to maybe, no one will swim now.

Your electric will be better on the rocks anyways more grunt and torque. Just gear it way down like walking speed and get some spools.
alright, now ur just talking crazy, don't know what u just said, consider me stupid, please spell it out and I'll do it. The last thing that's stock on my truck is the trans, but I did upgrade to a light weight imput shaft and also got T6 idler gears, but my shizz is still grinding since I got the solid steel drive shafts.. As far as changing the gearing, lemme know what to get and i will, and Spools? :confused:
M@
Nerple Nutz R/C
magnum jr, super rooster, and i bought this servo splitter deal to work the 4ws. seemed to work ok a while ago, but there is a ton of wire all over the truck. could a glitch from anywhere. i really lost intrest in rock crawling. i wanna sell this thing.
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
NerpleNutz Wrote:alright, now ur just talking crazy, don't know what u just said, consider me stupid, please spell it out and I'll do it. The last thing that's stock on my truck is the trans, but I did upgrade to a light weight imput shaft and also got T6 idler gears, but my shizz is still grinding since I got the solid steel drive shafts.. As far as changing the gearing, lemme know what to get and i will, and Spools? :confused:

Gear as low as possible, in rock crawling you need tractor type power, no speed. Go with a bigger spur gear(72 tooth) and a smaller pinion( 9 tooth ). I would run the stock titans as they would provide good run time and tractor power. Setting up a truck for rock crawling is the complete opposite of setting up a truck for racing.

I would raise the ride height as high as possible and make the suspension very soft. Some people run one shock per corner and get stiffer springs. The reason for this is to gain flex, the better you can keep your tires on the ground over rough rocks the better stability and traction your truck will have. By raising your ride height you will gain more clearance to send rocks under the truck without getting caught on a rock.

A spool replaces your differential with a solid shaft to lock out the diff. This is hard to explain so bare with me. When you are climbing with a non- spool truck the tire with the least traction will spin out and you will get no forward progress. With a spooled truck you will not have the unloading issue. Because with spools each tire is attached to each tire. It's like when you pick your truck up and you spin one of the tires. The tire opposite the tire you spun spins in reverse. With spools it eliminates that action and makes the trucks tires connected to each other. So you get a true 4WD all the time even say if one tire is in the air the tires that are still on the ground can move the truck. Spools are no good for normal racing they really make your truck take large turns. If you need more help to understand it let me know.

Spools you will need 2 one for the front and one for the back
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXSP76&P=7
Thanks man! I'm on it ASAP. Should be fun, thought I ran out of stuff to do. I'll get all that taken care of real quick.
M@
Nerple Nutz R/C
More things you could do here.
http://www.badgerracing.com/~rcracer/for...hp?t=12386

If you have not yet upgraded to cvd's I would. The stock sliders can't take the the torque they just twist off.
Cut Revo drive shafts work good as center driveshafts.

E-maxxes aren't great rock crawlers but they'll get you into the sport.
Next weekend, man! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rock bash firesprink281 0 2,715 05-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Dirt Wars '09 Round Lake Beach 9-20 zr2berger 7 2,644 09-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Last Post: zr2berger
  Rock E-Revo BJoe 12 4,067 03-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Hobbytown Naperville Rock Crawling! mikeh 5 2,625 12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Portable Crawling Base BJoe 11 3,498 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  LHR with SCRC presents the grand opening of the rock crawl Jetboat 6 2,743 09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  leisure hours crawling ghosty 23 5,427 09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Last Post: stratcat
  Rock Race Ponch! bubbaracing 24 4,835 04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Last Post: stratcat
  rock racing Jetboat 2 2,395 03-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Ponch
  Another rock crawler. It's blowin up!! OCM!! slaytanic 2 1,973 01-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Jetboat