Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
enjoy life as you know it cause it's over
If the war was under false pretenses, truly has not been proven. To anyone who feels that Husein didn't have WMD's (I f-ing hate that term) I have a bridge I'd gladly sell them. To think that was the only reason for going into Iraq, is also wrong. During our trrops invasion of Afghanistan, DAILY, Husein threatened war with the US if we didn't pull out of Afghan. After 2 weeks of this, it was announced that Hussein declared war against us. At that point, it is the President's (and Congress's) job to protect American civilians, and try to keep the war off our soil.

If Obama was to pull all the troops out, that would be one thing. But to pull out all but 10,000 troops, by a set date, is telling them when to plan their attack. There will be more American soldiers that get killed under Obama's plan, than have been killed in the entire war so far. As for keping a small presense there year round, Ron Paul said it best. If ANY other country on earth was to build a military base in America, and station XXX,XXX number of troops here, We'd be pissed as hell and take that as a sign of intimidation, resulting in possible war. So, why is it OK for America to station troops in all these other countries?

I am in no way pro-war. I hate that our soldiers have sacrificed their lives over there, and for what reason? BUT, before 9/11, on average, there was some form of attack on US soil, funded by the middle east terrorists, every couple years. One, being the attack on the USS Cole. When the ship was attacked, Clinton shook his finger at Iraq and said Don't do that. Wow.. That was helpfull. SINCE 9/11, there has not been one successful attack on american soil. Every other country who has pulled their troops from Iraq, was immediately attacked on their land.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."

Messages In This Thread
enjoy life as you know it cause it's over - by thenewguy821 - 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM