Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumacher Menace tt.21 bb/3speed70mph+
I stayed out of this thread cause there is too much bull shit, but since I was mentioned then I'm going to go ahead and add to it.

A nitro engine will start on 1 cycle if it is in good shape, primed, and possibly preheated with a known good glow plug. Most of my newer engines will fire over on the first pull. If you've got fuel, a good plug, and turn the engine so it just begins to build compression then crank it fast it will fire. This also includes a good tune. By newer engines, I'm referring to engines that are within the first 4 gallons of fuel and not beat to hell and back. An engine that has never seen fuel will probably not fire over right away because the pinch will be tight enough to stop the engine at TDC unless it gets a good high idle going. Break in settings also will prevent it from starting on a single compression cycle.

If my 528xr is primed it'll fire on the first stroke. The bump box lasts forever cause the box barely runs for more than 1 second.

With a T handle allen the human forearm is capable of generating 100x the torque a nitro engine can. The problem is that a human can't twist his arm fast enough to make power, but there is plenty of torque on hand.

As for "fast street cars" I can't remember the last time I saw more than 2 or 3 10 second street cars on the street. Sure, they are out there. I know of a few people who have cars that produce enough power to run 10's. But as for the ratio, more people are in the 14's 13's and 12's than you will find running 10's. In todays world head flow has gotten some major advancements so we no longer need to run those big ass cams to make the power because the heads have such great airflow at low lift. And their exhaust flow is excellent too. So you can run a smaller cam, but make the same power.

Race cams do not like to idle because they don't generate enough vacuum at idle to draw the mixture into the combustion chamber. Its a combination of high overlap, larger intake runners as well as a few other things. All of the things that give an advantage in creating HP cause poor performance at low engine speeds. Including a rough idle, so you turn the idle up.

You don't seriously think a Top Fuel dragster can idle at 500rpm all day long do you?

Messages In This Thread
Schumacher Menace tt.21 bb/3speed70mph+ - by javo - 03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Schumacher Menace tt.21 bb/3speed70mph+ - by Thirdgen89GTA - 04-17-2007, 09:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new in Box Schumacher Rascal for sale/trade High Output 4 1,386 03-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Last Post: High Output
  Schumacher R12 HOLMESKILLET 14 2,218 03-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Last Post: HOLMESKILLET