Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IHobby Show, Oct.21st-22nd 2006...Rosemont, IL
HAGASAN Wrote:The show has been slowly losing manufacturers in the chitown area for the last few years. It wasnt here last year because it was in Cali and it had basically almost every big name company, almost. This year man not even Tamiya is going to be there, atleast i dont see them on the floor plan. Thunder Tiger/Ace was there a couple years ago, associated too. 3 years ago Kyosho was there with Greatplanes(they are there). It just sucks man that they dont partake in the show anymore around here. Big reason for it is the cost of renting the space. CHitown unions have really fuked it up for the conventions around here these last few years, charging rediculous(sp) amounts of money for nothing. I remember AL's hobbyshop telling me what they have to pay for there space there, its crazy. you cant do anything to set up your space either, you have to rent the extension cords and you cant even plug them in, you cant build shelving either, they have to do it for you and you are paying mucho dollors for stupid sh1t. So you cant really blame the manufactures for not taking part in the chitown show. Im a union man and that is like taking advantage of paying customers, its a joke.

Just wondering but are we confusing iHobby with the RCX Show? RCX was scheduled to run in Chicago and then the promotors cancelled it. From the iHobby site it looks like this will be more than just "our" hobby, but trains, etc...

Joe, as for trade shows and union strongarm stuff...+1000 !!
My company does two major shows at McCormick Place every two years and you have to grease every palm from the Crook County line all the way to the show floor. And when you are needing multiple semi-trailers loaded and moved, the breakdown of the show can take several extra days of just waiting for your turn at the docks unless you "have your reservations" made in advance.

Some union guy is driving a pretty nice new 'Vette after we leave town!

The City That Works.

Messages In This Thread
IHobby Show, Oct.21st-22nd 2006...Rosemont, IL - by DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 10-05-2006, 10:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Hobby Expo in Rosemont! mikeh 78 20,740 10-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  2006 Illinois Nitro Championships Mr. Tune 364 44,644 12-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Berwyn BBQ Bash Sunday June 4th 2006!!!!!!!!! mikeh 287 45,403 06-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Last Post: BottledBeast
  Anyone hear about us at the iHobby Expo? thenewguy821 2 2,936 10-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Tex