Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunman opens fire on Ill. campus; up to 5 dead
Tune - I am so glad to hear you family is okay. I can't imagine the terror.

For the sake of simplicity, lets just call all gun opponents pansy assed liberals, and all gun advocates gun nuts.
Every time this happens, the gun nuts say that we need to arm everyone so that killers will think twice, and the pansy assed liberals say we need to ban guns.
This does not help. The killers kill themselves, so they are not worried about consequences. We are a gun nation, and banning them wont help ( if they passed a law banning guns in my home town I would be the first to turn mine in - NOT! )
But the gun nuts call foul any time the pansy asses start to whine about the lack of healthcare and welfare and support programs that get cut. But then we have crappy healthcare, no continuity of care, no network of support for disturbed people and so we are all supprised with high crime and high murder rates and gun killings.
Who are we defending ourselves against? The very people who have no resources to get help, get frustrated, loose hope, and go out and get themselves a gun.
After ten years working with the mentally ill, I sure don't want them having guns.
How about if the NRA spends some of their lobbying money on positive social reform? Maybe some of these tragedies could be avoided if we cared about people as much as our stuff - including guns.
Untill something important changes, this will only continue to escalate. What will it take for people to get as fed up as me? Someone you know getting killed?
As a nation, we are frustrated with the economy, our congress, often our lives. We are a depressed and heavily armed nation. What can we do to change that?
You're never to old to be immature

Messages In This Thread
Gunman opens fire on Ill. campus; up to 5 dead - by mikeh - 02-18-2008, 12:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  george carlin dead at 71 firesprink281 10 2,242 06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter Dead Michowski 45 5,614 09-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  It's Dead Jim.............er..Joe BJoe 0 1,037 07-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  My car is dead for the time being mikecooper 4 1,125 02-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Inventor fuels car with dead cats RCDad 0 1,119 09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Metal Fans: Dimebag Darrell shot dead last night. Mr. Tune 4 2,381 12-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Last Post: SixVi6-Camaro