Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
careers? Looking for some input
You know when I was back in High School, I went to one of them find yourself centers to well find what I was qualified to do. I never was good at math, I was forced to do shakespear so I could pass english, and I was told once I had ADD. I found out these folowing things.
1. I never had ADD, I just dint want to study, I wanted to party and get high! It is called being a youth.
2. I was taught to never backtalk to an adult. My dad whipped my rear a few times and I turned out pretty level minded.
3. I sucked at math and now I am on the way to being a registered Land Surveyor.
4. Never pay someone to do your College assignment's for you, you'll only need to do the classes again. Hence why I am back in school at age 39.
5. I went to S.I.U. for Business because I was told it was a growing field, when I graduated it wasnt growing anymore. I had (5) top paying jobs with retail and most of them never let me go past a certain level because of this reason. "You are over qualified!" definition: The guy who is just above you is affraid to loose his job that he has worked all his life to be in. To a guy who just graduated from Business school and has forgotten more about business then you have ever thought about.
6. No one can ever tell you what to do! Timmy, Write this down! "dont take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive."
basically, you'll find your oppertunity when it comes. It cant be handed to you, purchased for you, or thought up for you. You have to find it for you.

6 years in Land Surveying and I never thought I would do this as a career. I make excellent money and I actually enjoy it. I dont have a job, I have a trade! And my job is concidered among everyone involved in building or planning as a nessesary evil. Which means nothing goes in or on the ground unless I say so.
[COLOR="Red"]It's not just paint! It's an Attitude!
http://www.team3sixrc.com[/COLOR]

Messages In This Thread
careers? Looking for some input - by rocco79 - 12-16-2007, 03:31 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by J-Dub - 12-16-2007, 03:53 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by Ponch - 12-16-2007, 04:28 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by UE-Maxx - 12-16-2007, 05:33 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by PMHOURS - 12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by Evil3 - 12-16-2007, 11:02 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by team3six - 12-16-2007, 11:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1:1 car choices/input DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 61 8,840 11-22-2007, 06:52 PM