Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
careers? Looking for some input
Yeah I know this thread probably sounds very dumb and what not, but I am currently a high school senior. I am going to University of Colorado at Boulder next year.
I've always wanted to live a extravagant lifestyle, like my father. My father owns a medium sized recycling business that has allowed him to live a very solid lifestyle with new cars, large houses, and buying us, his children, pretty much what we want. I guess he is living the stereotypical "american dream".
Anyways, Now that I am starting to grow up, I am realizing the world is not set up for someone to just go out and be a "baller". I will need to work at it. I feel I am a smart kid with a great sense of business(owned a ebay business since age 13), and am looking at various ideas to major in and subsequently do for the rest of my life.

I chose the following 3 careers for various reasons:
Dentistry: I was born missing 16 of my adult teeth, and my dentist has done a great job of making my mouth look "normal", and I will be getting implants in the next few years. My dentist has completely changed my life allowing me to live a normal life without fear of ridicule from my peers and what not, I envy my dentist, he does what he loves and has tons of money doing it(has a large house, a carerra gt, vacations when he wants). Also, being a dentist you can work the hours you want and not worry about working for "the man".

Psychiatrist: I also have ADHD. When I was younger, I went to a psychiatrist and was given various medications, until we found what worked, adderal. The Psychiatrist has also changed my life for the better. I would love to be that guy, the one who has the power to allow children and teens to live a better, more socially accepted life style.

And finally, Business owner: My dad owns his recycling business like I said earlier. He can work whenever he wants, and is able to come in late and leave early at his will. The only problem is the fact that his business(aluminum recycling) is completely dependent on the economy and fluctuates, never allowing him to know exactly how much money he will be able to take home, making him worry about money all too often.

What I am looking for, is input on what career of these three you would choose, and why? I have my whole life ahead of me and would like to take advantage of it. I don't want to live paycheck to paycheck. I love money, and NEED to have alot of it, I know the saying money isn't everything, but I am a bit of a technology freak who likes to have everything and get it ASAP.
Thanks for reading, and thanks in advanced for any input you guys may have.
Smile

Messages In This Thread
careers? Looking for some input - by t to the maxx2 - 12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by rocco79 - 12-16-2007, 03:31 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by J-Dub - 12-16-2007, 03:53 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by Ponch - 12-16-2007, 04:28 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by UE-Maxx - 12-16-2007, 05:33 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by PMHOURS - 12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by Evil3 - 12-16-2007, 11:02 PM
careers? Looking for some input - by team3six - 12-16-2007, 11:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post