Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hacking, Bashing and bad sportsman like conduct
Dave, in all other forms of racing you are entitled you line, yes. BUT, it is common courtesy and polite to move for the faster guys on the race track.

Now, I'm not talking those you're fighting for position against. I'm talk about the guys fast enough to be lapping you. In UMT, when guy fast guys come up behind me, I take the outside and slow down at tad on the next turn and let them by. It's the polite thing to do. I also believe in carma. I would like that same thing to happen to me if I'm running good and I come up to lappers.

Most racers should know who the fast guys are in their class. I know I do. One of the ways to get faster is to watch the fast guys get around the track. Learn from them. Watch their line. That's what I do. You'll learn the fast line around the track, speed you can or should carry in the corners, etc.

An added benefit of this, is that you'll recogonize their cars on the track if you're racing against them. So you'll know for sure who's lapping you and who's trying to take your position.

Messages In This Thread
Hacking, Bashing and bad sportsman like conduct - by Mr. Tune - 03-13-2006, 09:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bashing session at the elgin bmx track! This sunday (7/18/) Mr. Tune 30 8,496 08-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Last Post: nccsavage
  So much for bashing today RCDad 4 1,551 06-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Last Post: RCDad
  Elgin bashing DO-U-MAXX 4 2,131 06-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Notochord