Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Career Help! (Automotive Engineer)
Here's the whole list of interview q's

Name of person being interviewed;- Kevin Kasper

Their Job title;- Auto Tech

Name of buisness;- Bensenville Motors

Adress;- 118 E. Irving Park Rd.

Phone #- 630-766-6066

What is your typical day like?- Main Job is to make sure used cars for sale pass our safty inspection, and correcting problems vehicles have. Also take care of customer needs and concerns. Calling in warranty claims. Ordering Parts.

Of all of the things you did to prepare for this job, what helped you the most?- Being able to comprehend what you read for flow charts and having a solid background working with/on computers.

What two or three skills help you the most in doing your job?- understanding principles of automotive electrical systems, and basic stuf like hydraulics.

How did you learn these skills?- Most the stuf I know I learned either from reading or other techs and a few night classes for automotive electrical principles. Then contnued training for specific automotive systems.

What kind of education did you need for this job?- My job had no education requirements, but a solid background working with cars.

What kind of courses should I take in high school to prepare me for this job? Shop, Math, English(spanish is a plus)

What kind of education will I need after high school- Some kind of tech school or dealer specific school.

What did you like the most about this career?- Lunch...Not relying on other people to repair my stuf.

What's the hardest part of your job?- Dealing with customers and management.

What do you think the future looks like for this kind of career?- Transportation will always be there. Technoligy is always changing as is the automotive industry. Keep up or be left behind.

What kind of salary can I expect?-30,000-40,000 starting. Get hooked up in a specilty field (Porsche or MB) could make 100,000plus. And could also run your own buisness to make as much as you want.

If you had a chance to do things over again, what would you change?- My career. I would of stuck with drafting. I enjoyed those classes.

What motivates you with your job?- I like a hard electrical problem to diagnose. Frydays pay helps Too.

What makes you feel real excited about it?- Knowing the Job is a challange that most cant handle

What kind of personality does well in a career like this?- A well liked person. We call them "people person" which I am not.

Is there a question you think I should have asked to better understand this career?- Is it hard work? Yes most of the time and dirty too.

Any other advice you'd like to give me?- Pick another career. Or have the goal to ru your own buisness.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio

Messages In This Thread
School Career Help! (Automotive Engineer) - by MX_KEVIN - 01-27-2006, 12:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  School's Out For Summer Rawkfist_02 38 6,180 05-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  High school & College helper rocco79 16 2,419 03-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Last Post: north_shore_racer
  school closed... destroy_my_revo_15 20 2,537 02-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  I Hate School son1cn 13 2,278 12-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Looking for a good frined from High School Toughtrax 0 879 12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax