Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunman opens fire on Ill. campus; up to 5 dead
thenewguy821 Wrote:This is the typical spin that the brainwashing Big Government is pushing on people. The "dumbest mother !#@$%@#$ ever!" were the founding fathers of this country, NOT the NRA, who believed it was the citizens right to be able to protect themselves from 2 different types of enemies.... 1. Foreign invaders, trying to take our liberties and freedoms. AND 2. A tyranical government, trying to take our liberties and freedoms away.

If guns really are the problem, why are these incidents happening in "Gun free zones"? In the City of Chicago, it is Illegal to own a handgun, but in the City of Chicago, we have the largest number of Handgun related crimes in the country. The Criminals, who obtain their guns Illegally, know that the legal citizens have no means of protection. Adding stricter gun laws will do absolutely nothing to stop the crimes, because criminals will not stop obtaining illegal weapons, just because it is "Against the Law". After all, they are Criminals, what is one more law broken to them?

You can try to throw the Virginia Tech Massacre into the mix, saying that Virginia is a Right to Carry state, and why weren't the students protected there. It all comes back to the simple fact that even though Virginia is a Right to Carry state, Schools are "Gun Free zones". A college campus was probably the ONLY place in that state that he could have gone on that severe of a rampage before being cornered to the point of suicide.

Think about it for a minute, If someone is going to go on a shooting rampage, where is he most likely to go? To a Police station, where there are numerous armed officers ready to take him down at the first sign of trouble, or to an area where there is no likelyhood of ANYONE being able to stop him?

I'm sorry the incident that happened today hit so close to home for you, and I hope that nobody you know was injured in the shootings.

Another thing to keep in mind, is more people die on a yearly basis from Car accidents than from a gun (with the exception of war), so shoud we seek to ban cars now too?

+1
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune

Messages In This Thread
Gunman opens fire on Ill. campus; up to 5 dead - by rocco79 - 02-15-2008, 07:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  george carlin dead at 71 firesprink281 10 2,266 06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter Dead Michowski 45 5,657 09-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  It's Dead Jim.............er..Joe BJoe 0 1,041 07-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  My car is dead for the time being mikecooper 4 1,129 02-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Inventor fuels car with dead cats RCDad 0 1,123 09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Metal Fans: Dimebag Darrell shot dead last night. Mr. Tune 4 2,395 12-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Last Post: SixVi6-Camaro