Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunman opens fire on Ill. campus; up to 5 dead
Rodzo Wrote:It scares me that this many people feel the way they do. I didn't expect everyone to agree with me, but the amounts that seem to think owning guns is fine - That's scary! Get a burglar alarm for your house, not a gun!

What scares me, is the number of people who share your views. I have Children, and have been around guns since my childhood. I was shooting a gun as early as 10 yrs old. I was also taught, long before ever handling a gun, ALL the rules of handling a gun, and the seriousness and consiquences of not obeying these rules (The possibility of injury or death to myself or others).

You say the police are here to protect us, we should not be responsible for protecting ourselves.... Here's a very simple truth for you to try to soak in. Where were the police who should have been protecting these victims? They had no idea what was happening till AFTER it started. Then there is still a response time to consider. Where were the police at the Lane Bryant incident? AGAIN, they had no idea, till AFTER the incident. If a woman is walking down the street at night, and a rapist comes at her, procedes to rape her, and either kill her, or leave her to die. Where are the police? AGAIN, they will not know about the crime till AFTER it happens. Just to be clear, I am in no way putting down the police. I am only stating facts. The police can't stop a crime they don't know is happening.

A little bit of Irony to think about. The First amendment of the constitution only protects the rights that are outlined in the first amendment. The third amendment only protects the rights outlined in the third amendment. The fourth amendment only protects the rights outlined in the fourth amendment. The ONLY amendment that is put in place to protect ALL the rights in the entire constitution, is the Second amendment.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."

Messages In This Thread
Gunman opens fire on Ill. campus; up to 5 dead - by thenewguy821 - 02-15-2008, 05:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  george carlin dead at 71 firesprink281 10 2,266 06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter Dead Michowski 45 5,657 09-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  It's Dead Jim.............er..Joe BJoe 0 1,041 07-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  My car is dead for the time being mikecooper 4 1,129 02-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Inventor fuels car with dead cats RCDad 0 1,123 09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Metal Fans: Dimebag Darrell shot dead last night. Mr. Tune 4 2,395 12-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Last Post: SixVi6-Camaro