Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunman opens fire on Ill. campus; up to 5 dead
I'm going to have multiple responses here. I don't expect you al lto agree with me, but facts are facts - and my comments were not idiotic at all. Some your response scenarious were...

1. My comment was about the GENERAL PUBLIC having access to guns. Times were differnet when our founding fathers were around. The people to protect us from invaders are our military. Not your next door neighbor. And the NRA is the one now who stronglt protects those rights that your neighbor can go out and get a gun.

2. I didn't suggest making guns illegal, I suggested removing the publics access to them. Gun stores, pawn shops, etc. Yes, they will still be out there. It's going to happen. If it is not as easy to get them, and if fewer are produced, it will be more diffilcut for the insane to get their hands on them. Making something illegal does nothing. Pot has been illegal for how long??? I could probably go get some withhin the next 30 minutes!

3. Gun free keeps being referenced. That doesn't matter. Bars are smoke free, but you can still bring your cigaretts in there. You don't get caught until you use them. Eliminate and lessen the places to get those cigaretts, and not as many people are going to be able to bring them into the bars.

4. Your reference to car accidents is not relavent at all...notice the word in there "Accidents". Picking up a gun, aiming it at people, and pulling the trigger is no accident. Drunk drivers kill people, what happens to them? There license is taken away. So cars are taken away when used improperly. Sure they can still go out and drive, there are certain things you can not prevent. Bottom line, if guns were less avaialble, this guy would have not had the resources availabel to him to go do this. A lot less people would have died, or been injured if he had to go in there throwing knives.

5. Nothing I have said is ignorant. GUNS are a problem. How many of you commenting in here have children? How many of you actually worry about the world they have to grow up in? People are the problem as well. The messed up thing, is today, someone could seem to be totoally sain, and tomorrow, insane! Just because those people own tons of firearms and have done nothing bad with them, doesn't mean one day they won't snap, and have that availabilty.

Again, facts are facts. I don't care if any of you don't agree with this. Don't turn around and call me ignorant, or an idiot, etc. I have not insulted any of you. Lets see how your opinion changes on this when one of your loved ones is killed by a gun. I don't mind hearing your opinions, and how you feel, or to even call me out on something wrong. Don't insult me, it makes you look like the fool.

Oh, and the guy chargin in with the kitchen knife - yea, I don't think he would have killed 5 people, and injured as many as he did. Nor do I think he would have killed himself with a kitchen knife. That would have been too slow of a death.

And why was he able to to buy 2 of these 4 guns he had? He was on medication which he stopped several weeks ago.
E-REVO [COLOR="Gray"]Brushless[/COLOR]
Orange / Gold + 50 wt.
Aluminum Pushrods [COLOR="Black"]/ Turnbuckles[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DimGray"]Liquid FX[/COLOR] Airbrushed Body
http://www.liquidfxairbrushing.com

Messages In This Thread
Gunman opens fire on Ill. campus; up to 5 dead - by Rodzo - 02-15-2008, 11:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  george carlin dead at 71 firesprink281 10 2,266 06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter Dead Michowski 45 5,657 09-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  It's Dead Jim.............er..Joe BJoe 0 1,041 07-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  My car is dead for the time being mikecooper 4 1,129 02-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Inventor fuels car with dead cats RCDad 0 1,123 09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Metal Fans: Dimebag Darrell shot dead last night. Mr. Tune 4 2,395 12-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Last Post: SixVi6-Camaro