Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missile Cooper
:racing:Stuck a Mamba Sidewinder/4600kV motor combo in my M03 Rover Mini-Cooper last weekend.
[Image: IMG_1603.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1604.jpg]
Fit's nicely and just clears the left steering knuckle tooBig Grin
[Image: IMG_1605.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1608.jpg]
Beleive it or not, the ESC has yet to get hot, even with taller Tamiya tires and a 20t pinion:eek:

[Image: IMG_1612.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1613.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1614.jpg]
And a few with the GoPro on boardSmile

SHot this last sunday after work:racing:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwoH5_qcdsA]YouTube - Missile Cooper Preview[/video]

and shot as new body for it a couple days later plus bolted on a new set of tiresCool
[Image: IMG_1634.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1628.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1625.jpg]

Then just to add to the ridiculousness of this project, I've since got my tax refund and ordered this LiPo for the car:eek:
Horizon Hobby: 3250mAh 3-Cell/3S 11.1V G4 Pro Power 45C LiPo by Thunder Power RC (THP32503SP45)
So now it'll be time for the project to go ludicrous with the next couple weeksAngel
dude, thats cool. i like the slicks on a mini. lol
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Thanks, I have another set of those slicks on stock replacement Minilights and they work pretty good so far...Although with that much power and FWD, it tends to light up the fronts pretty easily, even with a big, heavy 7.2v pack and the punch control cranked to 11.
One of the guys that works here has an app for his cell phone that tells you how fast it's going, he strapped it to his Brushless Recoil and only got 17mph out of it, which is way too slow for what that car can do:confused: SO we strapped it to the Mini, which had the battery last charged on Friday and the factory no grip tires and made several passes. The first few netted 34mph while the car was acting like it was down on power (not to mention the lack of tractionRolleyes ) After a few more passes we got the car up to 41 and change before hitting this evil manhole that sticks nearly an inch above the pavement behind Office Depot and tumbling the car, bodyless, with the phone strapped to itConfusedlap:
this thread is so full of win...mini coopers, go pro cameras brushless power. Awesome!
[url]www.gearworkstire.com /url]
Just wait Gene, I'm in Branson, MO right now, but that 3250mAh 3s is waiting for me back in St. Charles:eek:

Almost forgot the pics too!
[Image: IMG_1649.jpg]
And yes, with a little grinding, it fits!
[Image: IMG_1646.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1647.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1648.jpg]
Well, I had tire issues on 3s...............here's the tires:pow:
[Image: IMG_1661.jpg]
These ar the Tamiya Type-A Reinforced Slicks (belted):o:
[Image: IMG_1663.jpg]
and here's the carnage on the body that resulted from that failure:confused:
[Image: IMG_1662.jpg]
This is the HPI B15-40 Belted X-Pattern Mini Tire that blew:o:
[Image: IMG_1664.jpg]
and this is the reinforcement belt that the tire ripped off of at speed:eek:
[Image: IMG_1666.jpg]
I was going to throw these 24mm Sedan rubbers on there, since they "fit":crazy:
[Image: IMG_1667.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1669.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1670.jpg]
although they do look a little DONKishRolleyes
Then I spotted these on the shelf at workIdea
[Image: IMG_1671.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1672.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1673.jpg]
They're and old pair of Parma 28mm Indego foams (which are also disco'd) and will make a nice size tire (right between the Mini and Sedan tires, plus wider then all of them!) to use on the front of the car with the above 24mm Rubber tires on the backCool
[Image: IMG_1676.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1677.jpg]

I also made the debris shields for the battery too, I'm going to velcro them, but they're held in place with the body and rubber bands right nowBig Grin
[Image: IMG_1678.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1679.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1682.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1681.jpg]
Got a short video of the car now!
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn1XbUJjmuw]YouTube - Missile Cooper Part 2.....................Ludicrous Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/video]