Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bashing
Does anyone get together for some nitro bashing?
I have been looking around this forum and it seems mostly about crawling.
I don't know if maybe because I'm in my mid thirties, but for me bashing always meant hard core jumps and such.
I see on you tube there are people called big squid racing that seem to be from around Chicago.
I’ve got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell.
The recent uprise in crawling came with the release of the Wheely King and the Axial. Paired with Winter, it was an easy way to still have fun without having to freeze outside.

Big Squid is located in Chicago. You can check out the site at Big Squid RC: For Bashers, By Bashers! Bashing - Monster Trucks - Drag Racing - Rock Crawling - On Road - Off Road - Videos - Pictures - News - Reviews They cover racing, Bashing, Drag racing and Crawling.

The "Basher" scene has quieted down quite a bit over the past couple years, but there are still quite a few guys here that bash. A couple years ago, at an "End of the year Bash", we had 50+ people show up. Now if 10 people show up it is a good showing. There is also a group of guys that regularly get together at the Busse woods.

Firesprink and myself are going to get out sometime today, not sure where yet.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
the bashers are still here!! we are just in hidingBig Grin
brian from bigsquid is on this site, but he has his own also
Big Squid RC: For Bashers, By Bashers! Bashing - Monster Trucks - Drag Racing - Rock Crawling - On Road - Off Road - Videos - Pictures - News - Reviews i was just thinking with the way the weather is breaking we need a big bash!! check out this thread http://www.chitownrc.com/bashers-forum/4...-long.html

we need a berwyn bash!!!!!!
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
As the weather improves, there is more bashing. There is the FRIDAY NIGHT bash that occurs at RT 83 and St. Charles Road in the SEARS Essentials parking lot. That typically started at 9:00pm or so as the stores closed. I am not sure that it has started yet this spring, but once the evenings get a bit warmer, I am planning on being there regularly. ALSO there is the Sunday Afternoon Bash at Busse Woods SOUTH GROVES behind Alexian Bros. Hospital. That is a good one as well, and is on grass. Both are a pretty good time. I just think that weather has been a killer as of late.
Jeep_Guy (a.k.a Xirtic)
*CEN Matrix Buggy (Brushless)
*Duratrax Warhead EVO (Brushless)
*Axial AX10 Crawler (Brushless)
*RC18T (Brushless)
Jeep_Guy Wrote:As the weather improves, there is more bashing. There is the FRIDAY NIGHT bash that occurs at RT 83 and St. Charles Road in the SEARS Essentials parking lot. That typically started at 9:00pm or so as the stores closed. I am not sure that it has started yet this spring, but once the evenings get a bit warmer, I am planning on being there regularly. ALSO there is the Sunday Afternoon Bash at Busse Woods SOUTH GROVES behind Alexian Bros. Hospital. That is a good one as well, and is on grass. Both are a pretty good time. I just think that weather has been a killer as of late.

Thank you all for the info.
I just moved from Streamwood where i grew up to St.Charles and was hoping to find more people that are in to bashing.
I’ve got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell.
I'm always up for some bashing. Especially now that i'm on short term disability so I have nothing but time on my hands. I'm not too far away from you and i've got a whole new subdivision that hasn't been built yet to conquer and i'm always looking for some one to hang with and run my tmaxx. As for a lack of bashers in this area I know what you mean. i don't know anyone except for my buddy in North Aurora and now that the Naperville HobbyTown is shut down there is one less place to meet other bashers.
I'm down (near both of you guys in Wheaton right near Blackwell)

I guess this is kinda bumping an old thread....:o:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any bashing going on between now and the 3rd of Jan? olds97_lss 4 3,961 01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  Chicago Indoor Bashing chicagokenji 0 3,042 11-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Racing and Bashing every Sunday in Bedford Park gmkiller 6 3,180 10-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  Indoor Bashing in Chicago - Underground RC Racetrack chicagokenji 2 3,538 02-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Chicago bashing dkastil 4 2,237 09-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  Todays Bashing Pictures at RC Hobbies in Naperville SBNFred 17 6,355 12-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Elgin Area Bashing Kwas5 4 1,849 04-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Kwas5
  Bashing session...Interested? javo 7 2,109 03-27-2007, 04:31 AM
Last Post: squirrel
  anyone up for some weekend bashing? 3/10 or 3/11 stratcat 1 1,449 03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Last Post: thenewguy821
  Winter Bashing bossdog 24 3,702 12-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Last Post: north_shore_racer