ChitownRC
1/8 road cars..... - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Bashers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: 1/8 road cars..... (/thread-8459.html)

1/8 road cars..... - Jetboat - 05-12-2008

I need suggestions for on-road 1/8 scale cars... I want to go brushless and it will only be a basher/parkinglot racer. The whole ide is to use the old school nascar body I picked up this weekend to build kind of a nastalga racer. Something I can pick up off ebay cheap would be great.... Otherwise Im going to do a full tube frame and build it to "scale"

1/8 road cars..... - BJoe - 05-12-2008

Probably OFNA or Kyosho, they both make onroad versions of their 1/8th scale buggies.

1/8 road cars..... - firesprink281 - 05-12-2008

inferno gt. and they make electric kits for it.

1/8 road cars..... - slaytanic - 05-12-2008

Make a tuber! Way cooler.

Check out some of the 1/5 scale nascars for ideas. They are tubers I believe.

1/8 road cars..... - firesprink281 - 05-12-2008

thats a good idea!

This is pretty wild!

Quarter Scale Car | Disruptor

1/8 road cars..... - Jetboat - 05-13-2008

tuber was the first idea but... not sure I could get it to handle. its 1 thing to build a crawler, another to build a 40mph car

1/8 road cars..... - Thirdgen89GTA - 05-13-2008

Inferno GT or OFNA GTP.

Or if you don't mind spending some moola on a nice kit a OFNA DM-1 Pro. RCdeal.com has them cheap if you don't mind auctions, I think $300 on average for the kits.

The Hyper 1/7 is nice too at $300 but the 2spd w/reverse is crap, and weighs more than the engine.

What is the wheel base on the nascar body? Do the wheels center when its placed on a 1/8th scale buggy chassis? If not, then it won't fit on a IGT or GTP chassis either.

1/8 road cars..... - Jetboat - 05-13-2008

the body doesnt actually have wheel wells on it, that way you can adjust it to fit... Its the Parma Nascar Lumina body.

1/8 road cars..... - Thirdgen89GTA - 05-13-2008

If you mean this body Parma 1/8 Lumina NASCAR Body

I don't think it'll work. I think at 10.5 or roguhly 260mm the body is too narrow to cover the wheels I'll measure the IGT when I get home.

however an Inferno GT is 310mm wide, like a 1/8th buggy, the body is only 260mm wide. 50mm is a fairly large difference.

1/8 road cars..... - stratcat - 05-14-2008

slaytanic Wrote:This is pretty wild!

Quarter Scale Car | Disruptor

damn you!!! all last night at work, I looked at the bender and the stack of tube sitting next to it.;.. I could whip one of these chassis out in a week of lunches if I had plans for the thing.. it would be absolutely no problem to make these bends... Sad

oh yeah, and surfing RCU, I found a couple of 36cc (airplane?) engines, kawasaki, for cheap... anyone interested? the only thing that would cost anything would be the actual suspension.. I can build that chassis/roll cage out of scrap (clean the welds up of course)