ChitownRC
new crawler buggy chassis - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Bashers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: new crawler buggy chassis (/thread-8137.html)

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 01-11-2008

what do you guys think...it will be waterjet cut aluminum. Im going to have them cut next week so I can start a build. Its meant to be a buggy designed out of a single piece of aluminum. (and yes you may have seen it on rcc

[Image: hawkbit.jpg]

new crawler buggy chassis - firesprink281 - 01-11-2008

thats cool!! not going to do carbon fiber?

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 01-11-2008

cant bend CF. I'm planning on boat sideing the lower half. I made some small changes to it also, just mainly added some lower mounting holes and moving the rear brace mount.

new crawler buggy chassis - firesprink281 - 01-11-2008

ic

new crawler buggy chassis - Mnster - 01-12-2008

Not legal unless you run a body, I'm sure you know that at this point. If it was all one piece then it would be. For some reason USRCCA 08 Rules allow Unibody's but not TVP's. I fought it like heck but hey no one listens to me.

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 01-12-2008

unibodies???? What the heck is a unibody???

You know me, I am more of a basher than a competitor. I was building this just for myself so it realy didnt matter but, just in case I ever deside to sell them, Im making it so you can add a body.

new crawler buggy chassis - Thirdgen89GTA - 01-12-2008

Jetboat Wrote:unibodies???? What the heck is a unibody???

You know me, I am more of a basher than a competitor. I was building this just for myself so it realy didnt matter but, just in case I ever deside to sell them, Im making it so you can add a body.

Unibody is a when the entire body of the car is the frame on which all components attach to. Most modern cars are unibodies, while trucks remain framed vehicles.

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 01-13-2008

I got the answer to the unibody question. Its when the entire vehicle (sides,roof,hood etc) are all made from 1 piece of material just folded together. Nationals might say a TVP buggy isnt legal but, local rules can be changed Big Grin

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 01-31-2008

and they are better than I hoped for!!! As of today (08 rules came out) comp legal (I had to get clarrification but they are)[Image: IMG_1319.jpg].
[Image: IMG_1320.jpg]

new crawler buggy chassis - thenewguy821 - 01-31-2008

Looks pretty cool. What are you looking for, price-wise, and will they come with the cross bars?

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 01-31-2008

I cant comment on a price (for 1 the forum rules dictate it) Im in talks with HobbyTown USA Naperville about having it as an exclusive thru them...If I sell them on my own Ill let you know.

new crawler buggy chassis - 77chevy4x4 - 02-03-2008

dude in person that chassis is bad @&*%$ for a comp rig thats the way to go nice job its flawless in person

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 02-03-2008

since everyone @ the meeting wanted to see a done truck....
I ripped apart the bronco and rebuilt it as a Talon

[Image: IMG_1324.jpg]

Hood/Roof and side "panels" to be added next (to make it comp legal)

new crawler buggy chassis - Ponch - 02-03-2008

That thing is scary lol...

new crawler buggy chassis - bubbaracing - 02-03-2008

"You'll poke your eye out kid!" lol Big Grin

new crawler buggy chassis - J-Dub - 02-04-2008

If you're referring to christmas story, its

"You'll shoot your eye out kid....HOOOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOOOO"

new crawler buggy chassis - bubbaracing - 02-04-2008

Yep I was, just didn't put that in there! :bustingup:bustingup:bustingup

new crawler buggy chassis - J-Dub - 02-04-2008

:d

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 02-07-2008

Totally forgot to mention, these chassis' are now available @ hobbytown Naperville.

I'm going to try to work out all the bugs and I'll be competing with mine at the comp on the 16'th. I need to get off my butt and build DIG for it.

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 02-10-2008

To cold to go out for a cool "Look I placed my crawler on a rock" shot so you get "flexing on hardwood"

[Image: IMG_1333.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1332.jpg]

new crawler buggy chassis - J-Dub - 02-10-2008

I like the firey color scheme? Big Grin

new crawler buggy chassis - BJoe - 02-10-2008

X2, did you use something like this?
PineCar Fire Starter Custom Body Skin

new crawler buggy chassis - Jetboat - 02-11-2008

nope, googled some images, dorpped them into Paint printed them out on a label and stuck it on.... it will never last Im sure of that but wait until you see the replacement I have lined up (very "r" rated)

new crawler buggy chassis - BJoe - 02-12-2008

Sounds interesting Jeff...........