ChitownRC
1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Multimedia (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: 1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. (/thread-7179.html)

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Thirdgen89GTA - 06-07-2007

Found this link on the IGT forums. And it looks bad ass. Over in europe rally game is much bigger than here in the states. (basically anything goes with a .21 and rubber tires). Click on the pics to go to the picture album.

[Image: amicale_62.jpg]
[Image: amicale_5.jpg]

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 06-07-2007

now thats something id be into!

Over there you can even run 1:8th scale buggies with onroad tires, lowered and revised for on-road though. But you could conceivably setup your buggy for on-road competition one week, then off-road the next if you wanted. Or just have two of the same.

Come down to it, that would make a really cheap on-road class. 1:8th buggies are all over the place. Parts support is right there. Throw an on-road body on it (universal body mounts from ofna) and there you go, rally game car. Or don't even bother with the body, just run an on-road setup with street tires/foams.

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 06-07-2007

im sure the actual rally cars are better tho

Rally game is simply defined as a 1:8th buggy chassis setup for on-road. Every one of those 1:8th scales are buggies that have been converted. In some cases like the GTP, IGT, and the TTR they are more tuned for street running with revised suspension. But a Lowered, properly setup 1:8th scale off-road with on-road tires works quite well on pavement. The big rear wing helps alot, but they have less top speed because of the drag.

Some rally game classes have cars going both off and on-road in a single race, just as it would be a rally special stage.

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Ponch - 06-07-2007

I want to throw some slicks on my buggy and head out to onroad practice one of these nights...Just for shits and grins lol.

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - firesprink281 - 06-07-2007

that second picture is awesome!!

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - FreeRideFrosty - 06-07-2007

That looks badass. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the cheap one at the bash. Anyone know of someone unloading a cheap one??

I like the first pic where you can see the exhaust over the body. Looks like that wing actually works well....

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Thirdgen89GTA - 06-08-2007

FreeRideFrosty Wrote:That looks badass. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the cheap one at the bash. Anyone know of someone unloading a cheap one??

I like the first pic where you can see the exhaust over the body. Looks like that wing actually works well....
If they'll let buggies and stuff run at on-road practice (as long as all are cleaned completely of any dirt/debris) then I'd throw some radials/slicks on mine and bring it out. Would be fun. No frontal downforce on a buggy though so turning would still be more towards traction roll, or understeer at high speeds.

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Ponch - 06-08-2007

Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:If they'll let buggies and stuff run at on-road practice (as long as all are cleaned completely of any dirt/debris) then I'd throw some radials/slicks on mine and bring it out. Would be fun. No frontal downforce on a buggy though so turning would still be more towards traction roll, or understeer at high speeds.

Naa..Just pick up some hard-er slicks and tap the brakes around the corner and swing the rear end around...haha

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Thirdgen89GTA - 06-08-2007

Ponch Wrote:Naa..Just pick up some hard-er slicks and tap the brakes around the corner and swing the rear end around...haha

Not quite the same as grip in a high speed sweeper.

1:8th and bigger rally game pics here. - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 06-08-2007

ya lol ponch totally different driving out there