ChitownRC
Big scale practice? - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Big scale practice? (/thread-7156.html)

Big scale practice? - Thirdgen89GTA - 06-05-2007

For those of us with big scale or odd scale sized cars that don't fit into the SPEC class, is anyone interested in meeting up for saturday on-road? My Hyper 1/7 isn't legal at LHR but I want to hit a real, on-road track. In any case, I'm going to be there. with the Hyper 1/7, and if I can find a way to make the same bump box work for the IGT I'll have that out there too.

Big scale practice? - Thirdgen89GTA - 06-07-2007

Darn, no one has any rally games they'd like to run on saturday. Sad

Big scale practice? - J-Dub - 06-07-2007

Find me a 13 dollar an hour job and I'd have like 10 cars and trucks out there every time I came. Lol...

Big scale practice? - MaxxGS - 06-07-2007

I'm interested seeing how I just got me a DM-1 last week.

I got every part but it's going to take me 1-2 weeks to complete because I will be out of town for several days at a time for work over the next 2 weeks.

Big scale practice? - Thirdgen89GTA - 06-08-2007

MaxxGS Wrote:I'm interested seeing how I just got me a DM-1 last week.

I got every part but it's going to take me 1-2 weeks to complete because I will be out of town for several days at a time for work over the next 2 weeks.

Is OFNA shipping a assembled version? The one I saw at al's came out of the box as a roller, assembled, didn't even have to put the wheels on it. I was dissapointed, was expecting a kit. I don't own one, but would like to. There is only a 6mm difference in wheel base, so the Hyper 1/7 bodies will work on the DM-1, and the DM1 bodies will work on the Hyper 1/7 if you trim the front and rear foam bumpers.

Big scale practice? - 4wheelinrevo - 06-11-2007

J-Dub Wrote:Find me a 13 dollar an hour job and I'd have like 10 cars and trucks out there every time I came. Lol...

lol I make over twice that an hour and i dont have 10 cars, but i try Smile

Big scale practice? - cr4sh_27 - 07-15-2007

hey maxx....i built mine in 6 hours, drop me a line if you want it done!

thirdgen, thats a good idea. ive been runnin against emaxx's that have been slammed and converted to on road. it would be nice to run against real cars

Big scale practice? - MaxxGS - 07-31-2007

What kind of a turn out has there been?

Big scale practice? - Thirdgen89GTA - 08-01-2007

MaxxGS Wrote:What kind of a turn out has there been?

None. I admit, I want to go, but don't really have time right now. Busy, busy, busy.

Big scale practice? - stratcat - 08-01-2007

Thirdgen - I think we are going to show up out there saturday to run bikes, I'd like to check out your car and see it run man...

Big scale practice? - cheesecake - 08-01-2007

whats the diffrenc between the dm1 and the one seven

Hyper One Seven = big.

DM-1 = (Hyper One Seven + much better)

Unless you can get a Hyper 1/7 for about $250 its not worth it. Considering the retail is $750, and rcdeal lets them go for $300 to $450 a Dm-1 is the better option.

I got the Hyper 1/7 because I got it cheap. I woudl rather have a Dm-1 but I've already fixed all the things that pissed me off about the hyper 1/7, mainly its transmission. The 2spd + reverse is crappy. It would be much better if OFNA would import the non reverse model as its MUCH faster. The dual exhaust sucks too.

the dm 1 doesnt come with an engine

im looking to getting one a guy i race offroad with has a hotbodies lightning street 1/7 and i saw that and now i want a big onroad

cheesecake Wrote:im looking to getting one a guy i race offroad with has a hotbodies lightning street 1/7 and i saw that and now i want a big onroad

If you want to see some in person you should come out to the Friday night Kohls bash. I'll have my Hyper 1/7 up there, and Rob should have his DM-1 too.

On a side note, some 5th scales start at $650 rtr, but they are crappy. You can spend a little more and get a FG sportline for about $900, and $900 is about what it will take to outfit a DM-1 unless you have parts laying around.

BTW, here's what my Hyper looked like before I started driving it.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wjrneo2/rc_sig_pic/hyper.jpg

Big scale practice? - GeraldRisch - 08-01-2007

Hey Stratcat,
I'll be there Saturday for a few hours. Ran the bike today and lost a bolt/bearing. Have spares. The weather looks HOT for Saturday. Hope to see you there. I'll be there at 10:00 sharp.Big Grin

Big scale practice? - cheesecake - 08-02-2007

i would love to come out fridays but working 3rd shift ruins any plans of doing anything