The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
buggy pipes. - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: buggy pipes. (/thread-6029.html)

Pages: 1 2

buggy pipes. - stratcat - 02-19-2007

hey guys, I'm looking to put together the Roccomobile soon, I'm going to throw an OS .21 in it, was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a pipe and header. I know absolutely nothing about this decision, so thanks in advance...

buggy pipes. - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 02-19-2007

what's that the OS pipe number?

oh yeah, me and you need to talk I think, I'll shoot you a pm...

lol 2050

buggy pipes. - AddictedtoNITRO - 02-19-2007

jammin jp-3

buggy pipes. - kevinF - 02-19-2007

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_32/products_id/4568

^^^^^^^^^^^^thats the pipe i run^^^^^^^^^^^^^ great pipe for the price, gives my engine planety of top and low end, especially top end

do they carry them at LHR? I'd like to gather stuff locally and build the buggy and revo this weekend.

what am I looking for? a mid range pipe, high end?

I plan on powering the buggy with an OS .21

buggy pipes. - Ponch - 02-19-2007

Get the JP-3 or OS 2050. Both great pipes, the JP-3 is a bit cheaper than the OS, but still around $90 at LH.

thanks Ponchster!!!

Look for a used JP-3/OS 2050, I know Gabe picked up a like new JP-3 for around $50...

buggy pipes. - kevinF - 02-19-2007

stratcat Wrote:do they carry them at LHR? I'd like to gather stuff locally and build the buggy and revo this weekend.

what am I looking for? a mid range pipe, high end?

I plan on powering the buggy with an OS .21

the pipe im talking about they have a LH....id get that, itll be perfect for indoors and outdoors. its equal to if not better than the JP-2....the JP-3 is great to, but its also like double the price of the sport werks. trust me yuo wont be dissapointed

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:i got a 2050 used

do you want to let it go?

Header too? If so that's a damn good deal.

man, if you want to get rid of it, I'll take it, does it have a header?

buggy pipes. - dentguy92 - 02-19-2007

Mike your a swell guy.........FAG......

blow me johnny boy

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:blow me johnny boy

I WILL NOT!!!! :mad: Big Grin

the other john lol

LMAO!!! Big Grin

I couldn't resist that one...

buggy pipes. - Rawkfist_02 - 02-19-2007

Blow what, Mikes stub....

Get a 053 or JP-3. There basically the same thing.

ur so gay...lol

buggy pipes. - pwnzor - 02-20-2007

Rawkfist_02 Wrote:Blow what, Mikes stub....

Get a 053 or JP-3. There basically the same thing.

an 053 is low end / midrange pipe

a JP-3 is a 3 chamber design, that is semi-strong all the way through the powerbands curve.

(someone plz correct me if I'm wrong^^)

Personally myself, I have a brand new JP-2 that I will try @ first with teh Fantom, once I begin to become familiar with the characteristics of the pair, I am going to try a MsR1005 pipe with the mill, and try to see if a n00b can actually see/hear/feel the advantages that manifold/pipe combinations give an engine over another combination, I think the exhaust you choose should match your track / driving styles as well ( always try to suit your driving with upgrades, not what everyone else has )........... I have a lot of learning to do, and I cant wait frickin' wait Wink

are you running Vspec OS? if so 2050/2060 like Mike said^^^

Or one of the JP models from Jammin's line Wink

buggy pipes. - stratcat - 02-20-2007

Pwnzor,

I believe you are probably right, the pipe probably needs to be matched to the driver/track/truck, but, I'm not really wanting to go and blow a few bones on pipes for testing... at this point, I'll blindly take suggestions, if when I get racing, I decide to get serious about it, then I may try some different pipe/engine combinations. Right now, I'm just wanting to get the buggy going and figure out how bad I'm going to suck Big Grin

buggy pipes. - pwnzor - 02-20-2007

stratcat Wrote:Pwnzor,

I believe you are probably right, the pipe probably needs to be matched to the driver/track/truck, but, I'm not really wanting to go and blow a few bones on pipes for testing... at this point, I'll blindly take suggestions, if when I get racing, I decide to get serious about it, then I may try some different pipe/engine combinations. Right now, I'm just wanting to get the buggy going and figure out how bad I'm going to suck Big Grin

sure man, Im in the same boat , lol ...............well, are you runing in small areas? big wide open areas? are you on a track, is it tight / technical, or big wide open/flowing? How is your car geared? those are all questions one must ask himself before buying a exhaust setup........Talk to SlOW REVO..........He can get you the Jammin pipes CHEAP, I bought the JP2 with my 9.5 POS buggy, but @ the time the JP3 wasnt out, I think the JP3 would be a wise investment for you, but if its a Vspec, you may need a 2050/2060 to capture ALL the engines brutal power..............Im still a n00b, so I hope it helps some bro Wink

buggy pipes. - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 02-20-2007

2050 was designed to give os engines the most power and run time, 2060 smooths them out nuff said lol