ChitownRC
Trinity Monster Horsepower - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Tech Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Engine / Drivetrain (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Trinity Monster Horsepower (/thread-5497.html)

Trinity Monster Horsepower - pwnzor - 01-01-2007

After reading the discussions in regards to fuel, it makes me wonder how well the fuel i use is? 25% it seems to be working fine, its the "Monster Horsepower" fuel, not the platinum blend, how is Nitrotane from Losi? i can get that locally as well. Is it ok to run a different fuel after a few gallons of another brand? I plan to get a NRrex soon for my buggy, and i dont want to use Trinity, i want to try something different......Thx for the help / adviceBig Grin

Trinity Monster Horsepower - UE-Maxx - 01-01-2007

Don't know anything about the losi nitrotane, but you can switch fuels. You will just have to retune.

Trinity Monster Horsepower - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 01-01-2007

well from experience, trinity blows. the Losi stuff is supposed to be right up there with the werks and byrons.

Trinity Monster Horsepower - Casketman - 01-01-2007

We might as well start up a fuel thread with a poll LOL.

Casketman Wrote:We might as well start up a fuel thread with a poll LOL.
^good idea man^

does fuel quality have anything to do with helping to maintain a consistent tune? It seems like my engine does'nt hold tune for !@#$ regardless of the weather...........But it is a cheap engine........force.26.....i have it leaned pretty hard now, Gonna see how far it goes ( im on my 3rd gallon ).....lol.........yeah, i think my next purchase will be Losi Nitrotane.

there already is a poll but its old.

ya it can have an effect but so does a loose rod or loss of compression

Trinity Monster Horsepower - AddictedtoNITRO - 01-01-2007

I use byrons 20% race formula not rtr and it works great. I have used the traxxas stuff and blue thunder and this os. is holding great with the byrons

Trinity Monster Horsepower - olds97_lss - 01-01-2007

I've been using trinity MHP 20% for 6 years. I've run it in the following engines and it ran well:
OS 15 CV-R(X)
OS 18 CV-R(X)
OS 21 RG-P
Omega 21 Comp
Axial 28
SH 28
HPI Nitrostar 15
Orion Wasp 18
Dynamite Mach 15
TRX 2.5
TRX 2.5R

I tried blue thunder in the OS 21 RG and OS 15 CV-R, but it ran hot.

I tried Eliminator 20% w/14% oil in my OS 15 CV-R and it worked fine, but it didn't work well in my 21 RG.

I tried byrons in the 18 CV-R, OS 21RG and Omega 21, it ran ok in all of them, but ran hotter than the trinity MHP.

Other than that, I've run the trinity MHP 20% nitro/12% oil always.

i think it was RobH that ran some werks after trinity said his temps dropped like 50* or something like that and after retuning it had more power

wow.......ok...thx for the info guys....but Mike, the engine has plenty of compression.........is compression / pinch the same thing?

ya up to a point. motors that are out now a days, liek the vspec have more "real" compression basically the seal b/w the piston and sleeve and run better when the mechanical pinch goes away

Trinity Monster Horsepower - Traxxas_Junkee - 01-01-2007

I've run Blue Thuder, Trinity and Byrons. Trinity and Byrons were great. The Trinity platinum sucked, but the 20% MHP was great. Now I'm running 30% Byrons and I don't plan on switching any time soon.