ChitownRC
So who all has Mini's? - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: So who all has Mini's? (/thread-519.html)

So who all has Mini's? - Brian_BigSquidRC - 04-19-2005

Ok, I have really been enjoying my Mini's lately. I love racing them over at Leisure Hours, but I spend 50% of my time trying not to be used as a speed bump! I talked a few people, and they said they would run a 'mini' class if there was enough people. There HAS to be enough people, I see 2 or 3 of them there on a saturday, just looking pretty because they don't want to go out there.

I have a Mini Quake, and a 18T, Neil has a 18T, and another friend of ours just got one. That's 3 I could get to show up. How many people here have em? I vote we get a race going! Heck I'd settle for an 'unlimited' class even since everyone has a modified somthing... 1/18th scale, anything goes. Or maybe seperate the brushless from the brushed...

Any thoughts?
The only problem I see is EVERYONE is probably running stock receivers on AM and we'd only have 6 frequency's to use.

Brian

PS: I just posted some info and pictures of a Mini Quake truck that was at the 1/18th scale nationals recently. What a ride!

So who all has Mini's? - Brian_BigSquidRC - 04-20-2005

I can't believe you guys haven't hoped on the mini craze yet. They are pretty fun, VERY low maintenance, and a good time bashing. I'll make sure to bring them out to the BBQ! My 18T will beat ANY car you guys got. (clocked it at 61 last week :eek: ) and yes it's uncontrollable! Hehe

So who all has Mini's? - Mr. Tune - 04-20-2005

Do you consider a micro helipcopter a mini? Smile

So who all has Mini's? - rocco79 - 04-21-2005

i have an 18t that was clocked at 66mph!!!! You dont want none!!!! :eek:

J/K Big Grin Big Grin Mine is completely stock and stayin that way. Its the only r/c of mine that i havent f'ed .

So who all has Mini's? - Tex - 04-21-2005

There are tons of mini's in our club, some with brushless. Heck there was a guy in our club that had a lehner brushless with lipos in his mini-t when they first came out (1 1/2 years ago?)

Almost everyone in the club has a mini except me Sad

So who all has Mini's? - snakebite46 - 04-21-2005

I have a RC18 with Novak Spy ESC and Mass Termination motor.

So who all has Mini's? - Michowski - 04-21-2005

got a stock 18t with a burned up esc. Man thats a fun little truck. Gonna have a brushless in it after the pro series Smile.

So who all has Mini's? - Brian_BigSquidRC - 04-21-2005

Sweet!

I think some time this summer I'm going to try and do a 'mini' bash. No big cars to run them over or anything.. just 1/18th scales! Maybe even take over Leisure Hours one day!

Mr Tune.. I consider a mini chopper as 'hard as heck to fly!' Smile What kind to ya got?

So who all has Mini's? - Smokey - 04-21-2005

Got an 18t here too... I love it

So who all has Mini's? - Tex - 04-21-2005

if you say 18T fast it sounds like AT&T...hehehe

So who all has Mini's? - Mr. Tune - 04-22-2005

Brian_BigSquidRC Wrote:Mr Tune.. I consider a mini chopper as 'hard as heck to fly!' Smile What kind to ya got?

It's in the my sig. And yes, it's SOOO hard to fly. I can't even get it 3 inches off the ground before I crash it.

So who all has Mini's? - firesprink281 - 04-24-2005

i have an brushless 18t ans a mini-t with the set up from the 18t.
i also just picked up another mini helli. the x.r.b sky robo. it is so much fun and easy to fly

So who all has Mini's? - Tex - 04-25-2005

Bring it to the BBQ Smile .......the heli

So who all has Mini's? - firesprink281 - 04-25-2005

sure will, but cant fly it with any wind.

So who all has Mini's? - Michowski - 04-25-2005

i thought you said you couldnt fly it at all? lol jk.