ChitownRC
mini question - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Tech Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Electronics / Radio (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: mini question (/thread-4899.html)

mini question - AddictedtoNITRO - 10-21-2006

hey can I use a normal size spped control in a mini? I got a rc18mt and no esc. I have a new dtx sprint 20 turn that is really small and would fit fine. I don't know if it would work with the small motors though. I'm sure it will handle a bigger motor in there just not sure.
Thanks
Jeff

mini question - rusty savage - 10-21-2006

yeah as long as it fits your golden. most escs will handle any brushed micro motor fine. voltage restrictions still apply tho.

fits your golden?

mini question - maxximum_44 - 10-21-2006

fits, your golden

oh duh I'm retarded lol

Lol!!

mini question - rusty savage - 10-21-2006

is there an echo in this post?!?! lol. i ment if you can find room to mount it your good to go. i had a novak cyclone in my mini quake for a while before i went brushless.

Rusty, which brushless did you go with?

I eventually will go titan mini rage but for now I just want to use a reedy mod

mini question - bubbaracing - 10-21-2006

Where did ya get the RC18 from?

Matt:headbang:

hoobajoob

mini question - rusty savage - 10-22-2006

hyperion long can. all i need now is lipo! lol

mini question - AddictedtoNITRO - 10-25-2006

how do you like that mini quake mark? How fast does that thing run with the hyp? Also what esc you runnin?

mini question - north_shore_racer - 10-25-2006

i'll speak for the mini quake. I LOVE IT! and all i got is the VR3 motor. need to change some gearing, but i love it. dislike the wheel setup but im gonna get the mini-t wheel adapters so i can use those. then i'll be good. i love it personally.

mini question - rusty savage - 10-26-2006

i love my quake! i run the hyperion 5000 long can with a mamba 25. i also run the mini-t adapters to 12mm hexes so i can run pretty much any 12mm hex wheel (touring car, 2.2..) as for speed i can keep up with quite a few people even on spent gp1100's. i was raceing buggies at the busse woods bash one sunday and john (six-camero is his screen name) has a 18t with a castle creations 5400 package on 7.4 lipos. minus the take off ive got him. i blame that on my batts!

mini question - AddictedtoNITRO - 10-26-2006

wow thats impressive I may have to look into them

mini question - rusty savage - 10-26-2006

minis are cool once your done building them up. untill then it seems some thing is always giving out. I dig the protability of the quake as soon as i get some lipos this thing will never be out of arms reach! 10 min quick bash, drive to where i was going... see another cool spot, bash for another 15-20 min! man i cant wait!