The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
Large Scale on-road video - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Multimedia (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Large Scale on-road video (/thread-4850.html)

Pages: 1 2

Large Scale on-road video - Tex - 10-15-2006

newguy,
so for off-road you just raise the body and put off-road tires? Those things are cool.
Can you take different 1/8 buggy and make it a car like yours? I'm guessing yeah....What makes your chassis/suspension any different then uh XRay XB8 as an example?

Large Scale on-road video - thenewguy821 - 10-16-2006

Different shock towers and shorter shocks. Other than that, the only other difference is that it is a 2-speed, rather than a center diff.

By raising the ground clearance and changing tires, it will run off-road pretty good. Bill had his on the off-road track for a little while. Too bad he didn't bring out the camera till afterwards.

You could convert an 1/8 scale to a rally. I would assume that it would be easiest to convert a Kyosho 7.5 based buggy, because of the availability of parts. The Inferno GT is just a converted Inferno 7.5.

Large Scale on-road video - Tex - 10-16-2006

A two speed instead of a center diff, shorter shocks and towers is a pretty significant difference.

Looks like tons of fun!

Large Scale on-road video - thenewguy821 - 10-16-2006

True, it is a BIG difference. I was just pointing out that it isn't a Whole lot of parts that need to be changed out. Six is actually running his with a center diff, and I am going to be converting mine to a center diff. The 2-speed on these shifts WAY too early, and is basically useless. Then the only difference would be the shock towers and shocks. I think I read somewhere that you could use front buggy shocks on all 4 corners. Just need the shorter, heavier springs for an on-road feel.

Large Scale on-road video - maxximum_44 - 10-16-2006

Tex Wrote:Looks like tons of fun!
+1

Large Scale on-road video - Mr. Tune - 10-16-2006

Cool Vid! Avaneged sevenfold kicks arse too! Good choice in music Smile

Large Scale on-road video - bubbacola - 10-16-2006

Both of the cars you see in the vido is only about 300 new. It could be a good spec class. No mods can be made Except brakes and sway bars. Keep it a 300 dollar car to race. not something that is who has the most money to spend. I know I want one.Smile

Large Scale on-road video - firesprink281 - 10-18-2006

here is the damage from my power-slide into the wall.

[Image: DSCF1005.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1004.jpg]

i just picked up a jp2 to replace it.

Large Scale on-road video - Ponch - 10-18-2006

Sad that thing looked so cool...

Large Scale on-road video - Tex - 10-19-2006

I think you might get better power out of the JP2 but that dual exhaust did look realistic w/body on.

I say plug the hole and run it single style!

Large Scale on-road video - thenewguy821 - 10-19-2006

There was another leak somewhere along the pipe that he wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for the above damage.