The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Official Mugen MBX5T Thread (/thread-4782.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - MX_KEVIN - 10-14-2006

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:those drips are decals arent they Wink

And for 5.95 you too can have drips that nice Wink

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 10-14-2006

lol i tried those once, like some chicks look good from far but far from good lol its a good way to get away from the one color bodies tho, just a PITA to put on IMO

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Ponch - 10-14-2006

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:lol i tried those once, like some chicks look good from far but far from good lol its a good way to get away from the one color bodies tho, just a PITA to put on IMO

They look nice, it depends what kind of body it is for how hard they are to put on

Nice looking truck, wish I had one lol

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - chickenfarmer3 - 10-14-2006

you'll F that body all up the way u drive.......hehehehe

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Biodragen - 10-14-2006

Well....he will have to just get a Majestic body next.
Mine is holding up really good and not bustin thru yet
and they are thicker bodies.
IMO worth getting one since they have it for the Mugen

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 10-14-2006

jconcepts will have the x5t bodies in a bout a month, .040 or .060 a little more stylish than those majestics Smile

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Tex - 10-14-2006

The Mugen looks hot Kevin! good luck tomorrow Smile

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Eddie F - 10-15-2006

The Mugens did well today , Tq and win (me) Kevin had the lead for a while too while traffic beat me up , a marshall decided stumble upon my truck on the 1st lap . I drove smart and took it home . All i can say the truck works !!!

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - chickenfarmer3 - 10-15-2006

both of your mugens looked really good today.

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - MX_KEVIN - 10-15-2006

Ya that was a fun main. Great driving Eddie. I couldnt believe it when I had the lead at the start. I kept telling my self to keep cool, but I didnt and had 3 people drive around me by the time we finished. Truck seems very able, has tons of steering, and built like a tank.

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Ponch - 10-15-2006

I got first 5/last 5 mins of truggy amain on vid today. I'll work on it later.

Great job guys.

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - rocco79 - 10-15-2006

get it up on here poch!!!!

Who had that big lens camera. Id like to see some of his shots.

MX_KEVIN Wrote:Who had that big lens camera. Id like to see some of his shots.

Oh yeah, aparently that was someone from The Herald News...There was some lady interviewing bernie after the mains.

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Mr. Tune - 10-15-2006

The guy with that camera works for the local newspaper. He was taking pics because the newspaper is doing a story on the track. I think they said it was the joliet herald?

THey were also interviewing Sonny o , you know everyone loves Sonny O !!!!

Heres a building tip for you Rocco. When assembling the axles threw the bearings and instilling those wheel extenders. Dont forget to check that set screw whith the wheels on for leverage or youll get passed by your own wheels. Eddie F said he notched his pin for the set screw.

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Casketman - 10-15-2006

Ok,couple of questions.
First- The MBX5 truggy upgrade(kyosho has this too right?) next to the production truggy. Does it matter which one I go with performance wise?(which is better basicly)
Second-I know I have seen Kyosho RTR's. No mugen RTR's yet. But are they worth it. Or should I just get the kit?(stupid question,but asking anyway).

Looking for thoughts for future trucks after my time with the ST-1 is done. Which could be soon if the price is right Smile

Mugen does not offer an RTR , of anything Smile straight up competion kits .

The conversion and the MBX5t are pretty differnt , the converion is basically a longer chassis with hub extenders and a larger spur gear for the larger tires , the MBX5t has long suspension arms , longer chassis , truggy specific shock towers , new improved shocks , the gear boxes are regeard instead of a larger spur , the list goes on , the standerd kit can be bought for less then $450 , thats the truck I have , the prospec has all the bling which looks nice but is not required .

Vid's up in Multimedia section.

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 10-15-2006

dude that ttr is fine no reason to go dumpin a bunch of cash on a new truck

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Casketman - 10-15-2006

I saw you made the last post and I knew what you had to say mike! LOL.

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Biodragen - 10-15-2006

Between the two

I would go Mugen..I am
The Kyosho you would still need to put in some $$ to get it better
The Mugen I would go with the Prospec kit.
Mugen took the time with all the truggies out there before they released the prospec. Mugen parts cost less over Kyosho parts.
The Mugen prospec---you don't need to do anything.
There are some guys that will tell you what you need to the Kyosho to bring it up a bit better.
I know of no RTR for either of these two.

Now to throw a wrench into this
The Losi 8 Truggy is due to come out later this year.
Alot of ppl are looking at that one based of the prototype.
Thing is is the $$$---what are they going to sell them for.
I base this of what my mentor LANCE has said to me---he too would take Mugen over Kyosho. He Prefers the Losi 8 truggy but if the price is right.
You can get a new Mugen MBX5T prospec for about $565 shipped the cheapest I have found and for this month only.

If you do go with Kyosho over the Mugen---look for it used to make it worth it and with the upgrades---look on ebay.
I saw one sell for $450 shipped with parts and an unpainted shell.

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - Eracer76 - 10-15-2006

You dont really "need" anything on the ST-R Rolleyes .....
Ive been racing mine since April and havent upgraded a single thing, its all stock and Ive done pretty good with it.
I havent broken a single thing either with about 3 gallons of racing on it.

The Mugens do look nice though....I'd say they are about equal and people should just get what they want and learn to drive the truck Smile

Official Mugen MBX5T Thread - chickenfarmer3 - 10-15-2006

+1 eric. whatever anyone gets should only be personal preference. any truck will have its flaws or needs, just pick the one that looks like it does what you want and get it. just get used to one and stick with it.